Chapter 5

Jack and Celia were walking home, Jack carrying some bags, Celia carrying the others. "God, I didn't know that you would get so much!" She said, lifting up the bags. Jack chuckled. "Yeah, well, I never knew how fun clothes could be! I've been wearing the same clothes for years now." Jack looked over at her. "You know, you never had an imagination with clothes." Celia giggled. "I'm not interested in that kind of stuff. Just be glad I didn't make you wear clothes made out of sandpaper!" She said. Jack smiled and ruffled her hair. "All right, all right!"

When they got back to Celia's room, Jack went to the bathroom to try on clothes. Celia sat on a chair waiting to critique Jack. Jack came out wearing a black jacket, a Star Wars shirt, and black jeans. Celia smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "Yep!" She said. Jack smiled and walked back into the bathroom. After a couple more outfits, and a couple more thumbs-ups, they had gone through all the clothes. Jack threw the bags in the garbage and sighed. He looked over at Celia. "Well, thanks for doing that!" He said. She nodded. "Yeah, no problem." She sat on the edge of her bed. "So..what did Anne want?" She asked. Jack looked in her eyes and sat down across from her. "She wanted to go get something at the food court, and then she wanted me to watch her try on clothes. I'm telling you, that girl is so desperate." He chuckled. Celia smiled. "Why didn't you go with her?" She asked.

Jack looked up at her. "What do you mean?" Celia shrugged. "Well, I know she's mean, but she could really boost your popularity. If anyone saw you hanging out with Anne, the queen of school, you would automatically become the king." Her hands fell in her lap as she sighed. "Why hang out with a peasant when you can hang out with a queen?" She said, looking to her side. Jack looked at her with sympathy. He stood up and sat next to her. He took her hand. "Oh, but Celia, I am hanging out with a queen!" Celia looked at him, tears in her eyes. "No you're not." She said. A tear slid down her right cheek. She sniffed and let out a quiet sob. "I've never been more than a peasant in this world..I can't be any more than a peasant, you see. You're just starting off and already you have opportunities. Don't waste them." She said, more tears falling down her cheeks. Jack cupped her cheek. "I'm not wasting them...I'm using my opportunity right now to be in the room with the best girl in the world, and it's a privilege." He said, wiping away her tears.

She giggled and touched his hand, sniffling a little. "Thank you..it's a privilege to be here with you too." Jack hugged her close, Celia wetting his shoulder with tears. They let go and looked each other in the eyes. Jack smiled. "I should probably get my backpack off of your porch.." Celia nodded. "Yeah." Jack got up and walked out of her room, walking outside to get his backpack. Celia sighed and felt her hand. Her eyes sparkled as she smiled and the last of her tears went away. Jack came back and threw his backpack on the floor. "Yeah, I told it that it could have some freedom so I sent it to the U.S, but then it learned Donald Trump was president, so it came back." Celia laughed. Jack sighed. "He's ready to come back to the land of maple syrup and Justin Bieber." Celia shivered. "Oh god no, we got rid of him a long time ago! The U.S has to deal with him now." Jack laughed and looked at the door. "Um, wanna watch a movie?" Celia nodded. "Sure. What genre?" Jack thought. "Hmm..action? The Avengers? Please?" He begged. Celia chuckled and nodded. "Yep! My favorite movie!" They went downstairs together to go and watch the movie and get popcorn.

The next morning, Celia and Jack were out the door walking to school. Celia sighed and kicked a small pebble across the road. Jack saw her and sighed. "What's wrong?" He asked. Celia shrugged. "Nothing.." Jack tilted his head. "I know something is wrong, Celia, I know when you're upset." Celia sighed and looked up at him. "Anne." Jack nodded. "Oh yeah..." "It's just..she was sort of threatening me the other day." Jack looked at her with wide eyes.  "I will beat the living daylights out of her." He curled his hands into fists. Celia touched his hand. "No, don't, don't worry." Jack relaxed. "How did she threaten you?" "Well, she was saying how you would be hers and all and why you would never want to be with me." Jack was confused. "What kind of being with? Friend, or more?" Celia blushed. "I don't know." Jack shrugged and they continued to walk in silence.

At lunch, Celia and Jack were sitting at their usual table. Anne saw Celia and smirked. She leaned over to Cindy and Elle. "Let's go pay a visit to the freak, shall we?" The girls giggled and walked over to Celia. "Heyyyy!" Anne said in a fake tone. Celia rolled her eyes. "Can we help you?" She asked. Anne nodded, her earrings bobbing up and down. "Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" Jack tensed up a little. Celia carefully stood up and walked with Anne. Anne walked with her into the empty halls, then pushed her up against the locker. Celia's eyes narrowed at her. "I did not come here to be harassed." She said, pushing Anne away. Anne pushed her up again, a stronger force inside her. "Why are you still hanging out with Jack?" She asked in a low tone. "Because he's my best friend." Anne shook her head. "No, he's not, I saw you two holding hands in the mall yesterday! You're more than friends!" Celia blushed. "I don't know what we are.." She admitted. Anne let go. "You should watch your back, you know...I'm gonna make you imaginary." Those words echoed through her mind. Anne left the hallways, walking back into the lunchroom. "Imaginary." Celia repeated.

She put her hands in her head and sighed. She sunk to her knees and sighed. "What does that mean?" She whispered to herself. Jack walked into the halls and saw Celia. He raced over to her. "Hey, hey! Are you okay? What did she do?" He asked, putting his hands on her shoulders. She stood up. "Nothing, I'm fine." You don't look fine!" "I just had a small asthma attack.." Jack ran back to the lunchroom and got her inhaler out of her backpack. He ran back to her and gave it to her. Celia felt a little lightheaded, so she took a breath. She sighed and put it down. "Thank you." Jack nodded. "No problem." He took her hand. "Now come on, we've got to get to class." Celia nodded and walked with him back to the lunchroom.