15- Hear Me Out

I woke up the next morning with a headache. A raging headache.

I only had enough energy to go into my bathroom, swallow a few Aspirin, and then go back to bed. I wasn’t sure if my head hurt from the alcohol that I had last night, although I didn’t think that I really had that much, or if it was from all of the crying, which usually did make my head hurt if I did it too much. And I really did it too much.

Flashing back to feeling Will’s lips on mine and then just hours later, seeing him pressed against that girl by the house, it makes me want to vomit. I had thought that Andy was the creep who would easily hook up with a girl that quickly but I never thought that Will would do something like that. Especially only a few hours after kissing me.

Sure, we weren’t dating but it still hurt. It hurt a lot more than I was willing to admit.

I was just about to nod back off into a deep sleep when there was a loud knock on my door. I wasn’t sure if I should answer it or not because the idea of it being Will made my stomach cringe. I didn’t really want to talk to him at all at the moment. But then, it could be somebody bringing me food if I already missed breakfast.

The idea of food made my stomach grumble and I knew that I had to take the risk. I got up from my bed with my blanket acting as a burrito shell over my shoulders as I travelled to the door and swung it open. It would have been very convenient if these doors had peep holes.

When I saw that 1. It wasn’t Will and 2. the person had food, I let out a small yet tired relieved sigh. “Hey. What’s up?” I ask Carter, leaning against the frame of the door.

He handed me the stack of pancakes and bacon. “I thought that you might be hungry.”

“I am, thanks,” I said, sitting the plate down on the table beside the door and nibbling on the bacon.

“And I wanted to see if you were alright,” He added as I was about to shut the door.

“Me? I’m fine,” I assured him but then I wondered if my eyes were red, which they probably were. I still didn’t want to admit it though, so I stood up straight and admitted to nothing. “Really, I just overslept.”

“Did something happen last night?” Carter asked me, ignoring my ‘I’m fine’ comment completely.

“No, not really,” I shrugged. “Honestly, it’s no big deal.”

“Well, I heard you crying through the wall until like, three in the morning, so I know that’s not true but it’s none of my business so I’m going to pretend like I believe you,” He said to me, motioning in the direction where his room was right beside mine and I started to blush furiously, looking down at my feet and not up at him. “But if you want to talk about anything, I’m around.”

“Thanks,” I murmured quietly, feeling oddly grateful for Carter’s offer although I was sure that I wouldn’t take him up on it. I could handle things on my own, just like I always had. I was going to be fine. “So, what-“

I got cut off when the door down the hallway swung open and I could hear somebody giggling which was weird because in a house of all guys, nobody ever giggled. Both Carter and I turned to face the voice and when I see Sophie coming out of Andy’s room wearing Andy’s clothes, my jaw slackens.

“Sophie?” I sputtered out, remembering all of the times that she had insisted that she absolutely hated Andy and his egotistical existence. I was no expert, but I didn’t think that this was how you acted with people that you hated.

“Oh! Maddie, hey,” She jumped at my voice and then turned to face both me and Carter as Andy followed her out of his room with a grin the size of the moon on his face. “Last night was pretty crazy, huh?”