13- I'll Show Him

The best thing about being semi-close to Will was that he talked to me about things. I talked to him about things too, and that was great, but the one thing that he had told me that really stuck with me was that Andy wasn’t afraid of much. But he was afraid of spiders.

Although Will didn’t intend on giving me the best prank idea of the century when he told me about Andy’s spider fiasco during his senior year baseball game, he couldn’t take it back because my mind was already spinning.

“You can’t tell him that I told you,” Will said right after he’d realized that he had revealed Andy’s biggest weakness to his biggest prank war enemy. “I’m not getting involved in that pranking stuff that you guys have going. Andy can get really nasty when it comes to pranks.”

We were sitting on the dock at night with our feet kicking around in the water and the stars sparkling above us in a clear sky, which is something that never happened back home in Indiana and I thought that it was beautiful. “I won’t tell him that you told me.”

“Well, what will you say when he asks you how you found out?” He asked me with raised eyebrows.

I just shrugged. “I won’t tell him anything. And it’s adorable that you’re afraid of him.”

“I’m not afraid of him,” He denied with a prideful scoff. “I just don’t want to go to practice with itching powder in my pants or wake up to all of my sheets and blankets floating in the lake.”

“Wimp,” I had teased.

Now, I was on my way back home the next day after a grueling soccer practice with a bag of fake spiders and double sided tape on my lap. Carter had agreed to take me to the party store on our way home so that I could get all of my war supplies.

“I’m terrified to know what all of that is for,” Carter mumbled beside me as he drove.

“I think that deep down, you already know what they’re for,” I grinned with an excited and rather evil laugh. “And I expect that you’re good at keeping secrets?”

“Sure, but when Andy’s shaving half of your head, I had absolutely nothing to do with this,” He told me.

With a small laugh and a roll of my eyes, I said, “You and Will are both such babies. Have you ever tried fighting back?”

“Yes, and I ended up with half of my head shaved,” He repeated for emphasis. “I mean, you do what you have to do, but I’ve been down this road before and I’m not going back. Andy is relentless.”

“Suit yourself,” I sang and then stuffed the plastic bag of spiders into my duffel so that they were hidden when we got in the house. I wasn’t sure where Andy was and I wanted to be sure that if I ran into him before I got to my room, he didn’t get suspicious. “Just don’t blow my cover.”

“I won’t,” He assured me again. “I’m not picking sides here.”

He pulled up to the house and parked in the garage where we both got out and headed for the house. I went into the kitchen and made myself a salad for lunch and then went up to my room to relax for a while and take a shower to wash off all of my sweat from practice. I decided to keep the bag of spiders in my duffel bag until tonight, when it was time to move.

The next day was Saturday, so that meant that I didn’t have practice and I could fully enjoy Andy’s terror when he wakes up to tens of spiders crawling around him. It might have been an evil plan but he deserved it.

So far, he had splashed me with water, thrown me into the lake, creeped on my friends (maybe not a prank but still annoying) and then a few days beforehand, I had woken up to a face full of whipped cream and my face was sticky for hours.