chapter 18

A couple of months later......

"Push Yosha!  Come on baby I know you can do it."

"Let's go Mrs. Washington one more push." The doctor said as she sat between Yosha's legs.

"The head is almost out you're doing good just one more push."

"I-I can't it hurtsss awww!" Yosha screamed has the pain got worse.

Melodi stood there and watched as her mother went through that horrible pain. She just thought how this could be her in the future.

"Ma push you're doing good JW is almost here." Melodi said trying to encourage her mother.

"I'm going to count to three and I want you to give me a big push." The doctor said. "One...Two...anddd Three!" the doctor counted as she pulled the baby out.

"Its a boy!" She said even though they already knew the sex. She handed Yosha the baby.

"You did good baby." Jerald said as he kissed her on the forehead. He was over joyed that his baby boy was finally here.

"Yea you did good ma." Melodi said as she watched the nurse clean up the baby. He came in at nine pounds three ounces.

"Thanks honey."

Yosha and Melodi was still going through their little phase. Yosha didn't tell Jerald what was going on. So he still had no clue about Melodi and Rashawd.

"You're welcome.!, Congratulations dad." Melodi said as she sat in the chair watching her mom breast feed the baby.

"Thanks! You know Vanessa had her baby the day before yesterday?" Jerald said informing Melodi.

"And that's my business because?"

"I'm just letting you know. Did you talk to Rico?"

"Dad no I don't speak to him anymore he is no longer in the picture." Melodi spoke while playin in her phone.

"I wonder if Him and Rashawd had words yesterday?" When Jerald mentioned Rashawd name Melodi was alert.

"why would they go at it. I thought Rico was the father. " Melodi said trying to sound nonchalant.

"Well Rashawd said the baby kinda looked like him. I spoke to him yesterday. When he called they hadn't had a blood test yet."

Melodi blood was boiling. "So Rashawd was up there when the baby was born?"

"Yea him and Rico."

"That's crazy." Melodi said not trying to show emotions. She wondered why Rashawd haven't called her in two days. She thought maybe it was because of his job. But he was instead at the hospital with Vanessa.

Yosha didn't say anything as she watched Melodi. She knew Melodi was angry and hurt, but she knew Melodi couldn't show her emotions in front of her dad.

"Melodi what are you about to do? Do you mind going to our house and getting some stuff up for me?" Yosha asked.

"Yea sure. What do you need?" Melodi asked.

  She listened to her mom as a text came through on her phone. Glancing at the screen she seen Rashawd name.

Rashawd: Hey baby just texting to check up on you. I was going to stop by are you home?

To Rashawd: Hey baby I've missed you. I'm headed to my mom's meet me there in ten. I can't wait to see you.