Chapter 14

"Do you think Rashawd would want to be the God father of our baby?" Yosha asked. Yosha was going on five months and was expecting a baby boy.

    "Why wouldn't he be? Rashawd loves kids ever since we've been friends he talked about having a child. I know he was really hurt to find out Vanessa was messing with Rico. I still haven't seen him yet to confront him about hurting my baby girl eitha. I swear Rico betta hope Melodi gets over what he has done to her, because if I find out she's still hurting. Rico will be hurting and that's a promise."

  "Baby Melodi is grown now, She can protect herself. I know she's going to always be our little girl but what are you going to do when she move to California?......Dammit" Yosha said as she placed her hand over her mouth.

"California? What the hell you mean California?" Jerald said as he stopped at the red light.

      "Jerald calm down...I wasn't suppose to say anything."

  "Whatchu mean you wasn't suppose to say anything. ohh we keeping fuckin secrets now?"

"Jerald ain't nobody keeping Secrets so cut that out. She wanted to wait for the right time to tell you."

"Yosha she's not going to no damn California I don't care how grown she think she is...Matter of fact!"

    Jerald said making the car swerve into the next lane to take the exit to Melodi's apartment. Jerald hated secrets especially if his little girl was keeping it.

  "Jerald you is so over reacting!"

"Don't tell me how I'm acting when it comes to my child!"

"First off that's our child. That girl is grown. She's not attached to my umbilical cord any more and she's not a little girl eitha. She can make her own choices we just have to support them."

Jerald didn't say a word as they pulled up to Melodi's apartment. Yosha knew he was angry,and hurt at the same time.

   "Hey baby" Yosha said as Melodi opened the door.

"Hey ma" Melodi replied as she watched her father walk right pass her.

"Um did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Melodi said shutting the door and following her mother into the living room where her father was sitting.

"Dad what's your problem."

"So we keeping secrets now?" Jerald said in a low toned voice.

"What are you talkin about?" Melodi was hoping her father did not find out about her and Rashawd's secret affair.

"When did you decide to move to California?"

"Maaaaaa!!!!" Melodi yelled.

"Baby I'm sorry it slipped."

"Really ma I asked you not to say anything!"

"First off lower your damn voice when you're talkin to your mother! Second YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CALIFORNIA!"

"Dad I'm not a child and I am going I already bought a hair shop there. I'll be leaving in six months. I'm sorry dad but I need to do this for me. I can take care of myself."

"Where did you get the money?"

"I saved up and mom gave me the Other half."

"Really Yosha!!! She can barely take care of her damn self and you give her the money to move! What the fuck was y'all going to do tell me at the last minute!" jerald screamed.