“Money problems?” Dave, my boss, asked me from across the room.

“A little,” I replied, waving my hand in the air. “Nothing to worry about” I told him, smiling before walking back out to the kitchen.

I stopped in my tracks when I looked over at the counter that held the food ready to be taken out. There must have been at least eight plates there waiting to be taken out! Must be a group outing.

I was just making my way over to the pile, when Jenny leaped in front of me.

“Look Emily! Table 26, its out back! You’re doing these!” She exclaimed, pulling me towards the mass pile of plates.

“I know Jenny, jeez. What’s the pushy mood for?” I scowled at her, picking up 3 of the plates.

“You know, just making sure you’re getting it right.” She said slyly. Hmph. She was acting so suspicious today. I started at her intently, whilst she just smiled sweetly back.

“Whatever” I shrugged, balancing the plates, and using my hip to open the door that led out into the back room.

As I turned around at looked over at the table I was heading for, I think my heart stopped beating. WHAT?!?! How is it that they are here, when I’m doing the back rooms?

I noticed I had stopped walking from the shock, so after breathing in a rather shaking breath, I continued my path towards table 26. As I reached the table, I placed a smile on my face.

“These for you?” I asked the five boys seated around the table. All heads snapped up, but one in particular caught my attention.

“We meet again Emily!” Harry smiled at me, his eyes scanning my whole face.

“So we do,” I nodded at him, before placing the plates down on the table.

“I see your interview went well then!” He said, waving his hand down me, indicating me wearing the uniform.

“Clearly,” I said, raising an eyebrow at him. “Thanks for the shirt by the way! I don’t think the interview would have gone as well as it did if my boobs had been on full display! So thanks!” I told him, before spinning on my heel to return to the kitchen to get the other plates.

I hear quite a few chuckles come from the table behind me, and I swear I heard someone whisper “Nice one mate, you pulled good!” Pulled? Who said anything about Harry ‘pulling’ me?! I walked back into the kitchen holding my head high, only to see Jenny standing there, squeezing her hands together with an expectant look on her face.

“Soooo…?” She squealed at me, running up and grabbing hold of me.

“What?” I asked her, confusion written all over my face.

“Harry! Aren’t you pleased to see him?” Hang on a minute…

“Wait? You knew he was coming here?” I said, pushing her back from me.

“Umm… Kinda… He came here asking when you did shifts, and he kinda told me to make sure that you served them… PLEASE DON’T HATE ME!” She fell to her knees, grovelling at me feet. She must have noticed the look of horror that spread across my face.

“But I told you I didn’t really want to get mixed up in all that!” I shouted at her, stepping back and lifting my arms up away from her reach.

“I know, I know..” She whimpered, “But I knew you wanted to see him again really! I could tell!” She exclaimed, picking herself up.

“But…” I started, but she cut across me.

“Not listening!” She said, sticking her fingers in her ears like a five year old. “Now you take these plates out there, serve them their food, and talk to him like a civilised person!” She shoved the plates at me, and shoved me back out the door into the seating area.

I sort of fell out of the kitchen, making a lot of noise, causing quite a few heads to turn in my direction. Heat flooded to my cheeks as I collected myself up and made my way over to their table.

You can do this, it’s fine! You barely even know him, so why are you getting all flustered about having to talk to him? Honestly Emily, get a grip! I shook myself, and completed the last few steps.

“Here’s the rest of your food.” I said, smiling round at them all as I set the food down on the table. They all smiled back. And they were all there. Liam, Zayn, Niall, Louis and… Harry.

Yes, I know all their names! Keira went on about them enough times for me to pick up that!

“Thank you!” They all chorused, although Niall had already dug into the food, so his was slightly muffled.

The next hour passes quite slowly. I served other tables, continuing with my everyday work, trying to act as though they were just the average customer. However I did steal a few glances over at them, and every time, Harry seemed to be staring at me.

The time finally came when they had all finished. I made my way over to their table.

“Are you all finished?” I asked them.

“Yes thankyou!” Liam said, leaning back and placing his hands on his stomach. “It was really good!”

“Glad you liked it” I smiled at him as I gathered up the plates. Just as I straightened back up, about to turn and return to the kitchen, I felt a hand on my arm. I turned, curious to see who it was.

“Wait Emily.” It was Harry. I looked around to see all the other boys standing up and collecting up their things.

“I want to see you again!” He told me, looking deeply into my eyes. Woah.

“I..er..Harry I don’t have a phone I already told you.” I told him, blinking rapidly, trying to break his intense stare.

“When’s your next day off?” He asked me.

“Umm, Friday.” I told him, wondering why that would matter.

“Come round? Eleanor’s coming over to see Lou, and I’ll be really bored! Keep me company?”  He seemed to plead. I hesitated. Should I? I mean, he seemed nice enough, and there’s no problem with going round just to chat? I could do with that to be honest. The only other contact I’ve had with people since I left home is at work.

He seemed to notice my hesitation. “Please?” He whispered.

“Okay!” I said, shaking myself out of my thoughts. Wait, did I just agree? Oh well! It will be fun! I think.

“Awesome!” Harry exclaimed, clapping his hands together. “Come round at about 10 yeah? You know where the place is?”

“Umm… yeah.” I replied, in a slight daze.

“Great! I’ll see you then!” He smiled at me, leaning in and giving me an awkward one armed hug, seeing as my arms were full on dirty plates.

“Yeah, see you! Bye everyone!” I said, leaning round Harry, so I could smile at them.

“Bye!” They chorused, waving at me.

“Bye Harry.” I smiled, before turning and walking back towards the kitchen. I left out a shaky breath as my legs seemed to carry me forwards. What was I doing? I could feel his eyes boring into my back, but I didn’t turn. This had to be it though. I couldn’t have myself brought into the spotlight. That was surely to only have disastrous consequences. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? I hope it was okayy!

Comment?Vote?Fan? Please?

Tell me what you thinkk!!! :)