Chapter 5

Ava jumped up from the table, clearly surprised. "You're a what?!" Her voice rang through the cafeteria of the hospital.

Everyone looked at Ava with a questioning look, causing her to blush embarrassed and sink back down into her seat.

Millie still continued to smile as Ava mumbled a sorry. "You heard it right, I'm an angel!"

Ava shook her head. "But how? What are you doing here?"

Millie thought for a moment, she wasn't actually sure why she was how she was, other than the fact that she was just made that way.

"I'm not exactly sure how, other than that I was made this way. But I do know I'm here to help Finn. Your brother."

At the mention of helping her brother, Ava's eyes lit up brightly. "You can heal him?" She was trying to sound serious, but her voice had clear edge of excitement.

Millie had to plaster a fake smile on her face. "I could try." The older girl wasn't going to tell the younger one that she was only there to help Finn until it was his time to go.

It wasn't like she didn't want to help him, it was more like that wasn't her place to. She was supposed to let the doctors do the healing and leave the sickness itself alone, until they either healed him or he left for good.

Silence was between them then.

Once they're time at the cafe was over, they stepped outside.

The cool evening air hit them like a wave and the sunset was very welcoming.

Millie and Ava sat and talked for what seemed like hours on the dull hospital steps. They had become friends quicker than most could, but maybe that was just because of Millie's go-getter attitude.

Ava's phone dinged, and she stood up. "I've got to home, I'll see you tomorrow though. Meet me here?" Millie, who was still sitting on the steps nodded.

Ava waved before she took off, to which Millie waved back.

The older girl, stood up and brushed off her skirt. She turned facing the doors, like before.

Her gaze shifted to the steps below her to which she made a look of disgust at. They were so dreary to her. Thinking they'd look better in a soft pink, they immediately changed to the color.

Millie's face lit up in excitement as she happily skipped up and down the stairs, almost like a dance routine.

After a few minutes of that, she slipped through the doors to the hospital, realizing that it had become dark.

This time Millie didn't turn to the lady behind the desk. She knew exactly where she wanted to go almost immediately.

Room F-011.