Chapter 3

To Ava it was strange when a girl plopped down beside her on the couch. For someone in the hospital, she seemed brighter than anyone else. "Hello!"

Ava realized it had come from the girl who sat next to her. She had very short brunette hair and wore a cheerful smile. The thing with people in hospitals was that they didn't normally smile in that way. Actually, they didn't usually smile at all.

The younger girl forced a small smile and replied, "Hi."

"What's your name?" The girl asked, who looked about Finn's age.

"Ava Wolfhard. You?"

If possible the other girl's smile brightened. "My name's Millie Bobby Brown." Ava nodded, it was pretty name she thought, even if she hadn't heard it very commonly. Maybe she was from a different country, as Millie had a British accent.

A wave of silence fell over the two before Millie asked a question that may have been counted as daring. "So...do you have family here?"

Ava looked away for a moment, before looking back, decided that it was okay and she could trust Millie. "Yes. My older brother Finn. He's sick."

Millie nodded solemnly. "You know I could take you to meet him if you want." Now Ava immediately regretted the decision, not because of Millie, but Ava's own parents. No turning back now.

Millie tried to hold in her eagerness. "Sure."

The younger girl stood up and Millie let her lead the way. They stopped in front of a room labeled "F-011".

Ava and Millie stepped through the door and into the room.

The older girl glanced around before her eyes landed on the boy, Finn, who sat in his bed writing something. But that wasn't what intrigued Millie.

It was the blue smoke that hung above him.
---------------------------------------------
(Short Little Note)
I'm on winter break now so I'll have a lot more time to update both my stories.
Happy Holidays everyone!