Chapter 15 - Goth Rag Dolls

"Michael, no!" I raced to meet him on the gymnasium floor. "Get behind me!" 

"What? What are you talking about?" 

Baring my fangs, I glared at him. "Get behind me now, please!" 

"Well, well, well." 

Had I not recognized her voice, I wouldn't have known that the creature coming towards us was Stephanie. 

"Who's that?! What the...? She looks like Medusa," Michael breathed. I heard him flip the safety on his M16 rifle. 

"That's my sister. And I wouldn't tell her that she looks like Medusa, if I were you," I whispered. 

"She probably already knows," he replied. 

I groaned and braced myself for a very messed up family reunion. "What brings you to these parts, Stephanie? You're looking well," I yelled at her, wondering if my sarcasm would piss her off. 

She laughed and it reverberated through the gym - a low, nasty guttural sound, a truly demonic sound. 

Michael and I stood alert, waiting for her to cross the floor. 

"Be ready for anything," I said, unsnapping the fasteners that held the shotguns strapped to my legs. Michael's Medusa comment was dead-on. Instead of hair, Stephanie had snakes twisting and twirling on her head, some arched high above her skull, others hung at eye level. She wore a black leather bra and matching panties with leather boots that climbed all the way to her upper thighs. A boa constrictor wound around her shoulders like a feather boa. It raised its head occasionally to let her pet it on the forehead. 

"What happened to her?" Michael asked. 

My eyes had widened in surprise. "I have no idea. That is a new look for her." 

"I see," Michael muttered, checking to make sure the sword stuffed in a black sheathe on his back was ready to use. 

"Miss me, sis?" Stephanie hissed. "It's been a long time." 

I decided that if I took an aggressive approach with her, we could find out quicker what she wanted and how the hell she had found her way into Blick's training center. I straightened my back and held my head up high. "I think I can speak for everyone when I say you're not welcome here." 

Again she laughed. "You're hilarious. You think you own the place now, don't you? Twat!" 

"Twit!" 

"Ahhh, someone has developed some colorful language to go with that attitude," she mused. 

Opening my mouth wide, I showed her my long fangs. 

"Oh yeah?" She threw her head back and revealed her fangs. Her mouth was a cluster of inch wide, razor-sharp incisors pushing out from every part of her gums, top and bottom. Shark teeth. Suddenly a high-pitched sound came from her throat and a small black snake peaked its head out. Stephanie moaned as the snake slid over her tongue, out of her mouth, jerking at one point when it realized it couldn't go any further. It remained attached to the back of her throat with its tail, swaying back and forth in front of her face. The snake's head grew in size, close to the width of Michael's broad shoulders. It shrieked at us and bared its fangs. Hanging over its snow-white mouth, its fangs were twelve or thirteen inches at least. 

Well there's the big snake head. That's no nightmare. That's real. 

Michael took a step back. "What are we dealing with here?" I heard his thought sail across my mind.