Chapter 2

“I told you I was fine” I told Alana as we took seats at the bar of my parents restaurant

“Yeah Yeah” Alana said, rolling her eyes as the bartender set two glasses of water in front of us “Well when you start talking about people who don’t exist we started getting worried”

“He was real” I insisted

“Uh-hu” Alana said “Sure”

I glared at her before throwing my blond hair over my shoulder in my defiant signature and looked around the room.

The restaurant was more like a beach side pub for all ages. It was more of a place for young people like myself and my friends to hang out. If I wasn’t on the beach or at school I was usually here. I couldn’t really stand being in doors, so I was glad when my parents made the front of the restaurant garage door style so that the front could open up the ocean.

“Where is Chase?” Alana asked, stirring the ice in her water absent mindedly

“He went out with the guys” I said, staring at the waves that were crashing against the shore in the moonlight “He won’t be back until later”

Alana sighed

“Stupid boys” She mumbled “They never take us anywhere”

I smiled

“They need time to” I told her

Alana glared at me

“I think they should pay more attention to us” She told me “After all, we are their reason to live”

I just smiled and rolled my eyes, Alana was so needy that I couldn’t believe it.

I turned my head to glance out at the ocean one more time and froze.

“Oh my god” I whispered, feeling my entire body go numb

“What?” Alana asked, chewing on a beer nut

“Its him” I said “The guy who saved me”

It really was, I knew those eyes the instant I saw them. He had just walked into the bar, and I swear he was even more beautiful than I remembered.

“Are you sure?” Alana asked “That guy looks like he just stepped out of a magazine”

“Its Malibu, Alana” I said “He very well could have”

The hottie that we were both gawking at now was surveying the room with a frown on his face. I couldn’t help thinking about how he managed to make a frown look sexy but what a shame it was because he was that much more good looking without it.

Suddenly those blue eyes fell on me and his frown turned into a scowl. I blushed and turned away quickly, focusing on my drink rather intently.

“Rose” Alana whispered “He’s starring at you”

“Shut up” I hissed “Turn around”

She did, smirking about it the whole time.

“Why are you acting so shy” She said “You have guys falling to your feet all the time”

“Shut up” I snapped again “Give me that menu”

She was about to hand it to me, until she froze and her smirk disappeared.  Her eyes widened as she starred at something behind me.

I didn’t really have to guess who it was; I could practically feel it in my bones.

“So it looks like your alive” A deep voice vibrated through my back. I spun around on my chair, putting on my best take it or leave it face.