{8} Fears

"So what now?" I finally spit out the question that's been eating my insides for the last hour.

Tobias hums against my hair, before taking a deep breath. I refuse to even move a inch, the current position being one of the most comfortable ones I've ever been in.

We're both leaning against the headboard of my nifty single bed, Tobias cradling me caringly in his long arms. His lips in my hair and my face buried in his chest, has to be the most intimate we have ever been, therefore, the closest I've ever been with anyone in seven years. I thought it would be strange, but the only emotion I can feel radiating off me is...love.

Surely, it's too early for me to say I love him. Maybe I don't, but I do know that what I feel for Tobias is strong and he's somehow knocked down my walls and snuck his way into my heart and it seems he's there to stay.

Not that I'd mind if he did.

"Well," Tobias slightly sits us up from our position so we can look at each other, his captivating blue eyes filling with amusement when he seems my slightly frown from having to move. "I know one thing, you're not staying in this house alone with those idiots around. They are not going to hurt you again."

"Tobias, you can't just... abduct me. You'll... go to prison or something." To be honest I don't know what would happen if he took me away. Part of me thinks that no one would even care- or notice- to do anything about it.

He lets out a deep laugh, that makes my stomach twist. "I'm not abducting you Tris, but... they can't stop you from coming to the lighthouse to ...visit a friend."

I pause, looking down. I suppose they can't, but Miss Claudia could forbid be from going if she wanted to, I guess. Not that she would, considering she doesn't care about me in the slightest. No one here does.

"I suppose it could work." I shrug, nervously. I've never been one for breaking the rules.

"When do they all get back?" He asks, folding his legs under himself so he sits cross-legged.

I jump off my bed to grab my phone from my desk and press the on button so it displays the time 5:30. I frown as my shoulders sag with disapointment. The gig ends about now I think so they could be back any minute.

"They'll be back really soon, I didn't realise long we had been talking." I tell him, bringing my cheap phone back to the bed and sitting back down.

"So it does work then?" Tobias comments. I'm confused at first as I look up at him so see the amused glint in his eyes symbolising he's joking at he stares at my phone and then me.

"Yeah..." I say, kind of confused as to what to say back. I know he's joking but I can't help but feel bad, still. "Tobias-"

"I'm was only messing about Tris." He grins. "Don't worry about it. It's in the past and I understand now."

My shoulders sag in relief. The thought that Tobias was angry at me had been my main thoughts throught the week. I didn't want to think I had brought him pain in any aspect.

"Grab some stuff then," Tobias says, jumping off the bed. "Bring however much you like, I brought the truck."

Nodding, I pull out my only bag from underneath my bed and start to fill it will some clothes to take to Tobias'. I grab my stetch book too but as I throw it in the bag it flies open, instantly revealing my current drawing of Tobias. My eyes widen in horror as I run to cover it back up and snap it closed with a panicked yelp. My heart rate crazily rapid at the thought of him seeing that.

My face ignites like a blazing, burning, fire as I look up at Tobias under my thick eyelashes. Relief floods me as I realise that his face is full of confusion and nothing else but then dread as I grasp that he wouldn't know anything if I hadn't have made such a mess of the situation just then.