{7} Confessions

Lifting up my hand to cover a yawn, I sit back on my bay window sill, pulling my knees to my chest and burying my head in them.

The monstrous storm rages on outside the window, but instead of scaring me- like most water related things- it comforts me.

Storms have always seemed to have that effect on me, when I'm on the inside that is. I love watching the rain pound down on the hard ground, creating puddles and soaking the environment.

Reminiscing over the last week makes me wince with grief. After a while, Tobias' calls and texts stopped coming and it seems he's given up. Of course it wasn't like I was ever going to reply, but as soon as they slowed and eventually stopped, my last piece of hope, slipped through my fingers like dry sand on a beach.

The orphanage is quiet; there's this gig in town that everyone wanted to go to. Everyone except me I guess. I'd rather stay exactly where I've been for the last seven days, right here. However, it does feel good to have freedom in this house for once.

My drawing of Tobias is almost finished, the only thing I couldn't master was those deep, cerulean orbs of his. Where the drawing's eyes should be, there is only soft rings from the attempts of trying in the past. I silently wonder if I'll ever get them how I want.

I sigh, my shoulders sagging in defeat at the movement. I still get those butterfly feelings when I even think of him too hard. No matter how hard I try, he wont leave my mind, constantly haunting my thoughts with his presence.

God, do I miss him. My heart aches for him, but my cowardly mind stops me. He doesn't want to see me, and we can't see him anymore. But no matter how many times I repeat it, it wont get into my head, forever convincing me that we need him.

It's pathetic really: relying on a man for your happiness. But for me, there is nothing else in my life that could offer what I felt with Tobias. His name alone sent shivers down my back.

It was nice having the orphanage to myself for once, without the constant mumble of arguments and thumping music from some rooms. It was simply silent with the only noise being from the rain hammering the world outside.

Suddenly, a loud noise thumps through the house making me jump. I snap my head to the window and only for a feeling of dread to fill me when I recognise the van parked on the drive.

No, no no. It can't be.

With haste, I jump off the window sill an sprint down stairs, my heart on overdrive. Pausing suddenly at the bottom, I see his tall silhouette in the window if the door. I breathe deeply through my nose and out through my mouth.

I mean, not Lauren nor Peter were here, not even Nita. They would never know I interacted with him.

But does that change the fact I'm a coward and don't want to see him?

What would he think of me now?

Maybe... I should just go back upstairs and pretend no one was home- yeah that sounded better.

"Tris, open up!" I hear his voice echo and he thumps the door with his fist making me jump yet again. "I know you're in there!"

Edging forward towards the door, admitting defeat, my heart continues to accelerate.

Carefully, I wrap my hand around the door knob and twist, pulling it open. The sight made my tummy weak.

There he stands, dripping wet, his clothes sticking to his magnificent body and his lifeless hair flopping over his forehead. It reminded me of the day I saw him swim and I fought the urge to smile.