the bad boy likes only me; the good girl: [Ch 17] sympathy

Hey guys!

I'm very sorry it took me forever to upload the next chapter. I've just been a busy girl :P

Please forgive me and I hope this chapter will make it up for you people.

Oh and i'm working on Love is Rated R right now so that will be up shortly. woot woot.

Last thing is the banner/picture was made by nannas. She made it just for me because she loves the story sooo much!! now that is pretty AWESOME!! so i thank you :) oh and i know the title and my name is wrong but it's the thought that counts :)))

alright enough of my blubbering... ~enjoy

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 17: Sympathy

My whole body went in shut down unable to congregate his stabbing words. I don't know what to do or for that matter what to think. Joel witnessed the murder of his own father... as if that isn't already messed up. But why bring it up? I mean we were literally just talking, well me freaking out, about him playing a not so cool joke on his principle and then bam! Out of the blue he brings up his own father. How can a person cope with that? Especially if I never personally gone through it. Gosh, I don't know how I would live if I lost my dad. He's the only one that keeps me sane, even if I don't see him as much as I would like to.

I am with total lost of words. Do I give Joel pity or comfort? Both? Is that what he's asking for? It has to be if he brings it up randomly like that. Well, so much for a nice day.

Joel's back is to me with his hands in his pockets staring off into the distance.

My body still hasn't respond, nor my mind. But my body doesn't control me, I control it. I bit my lip and keenly made my way beside him. I studied his face searching for any morose as he kept his gaze forward, unaware of my presence. Nothing. His face is collect with no emotion what so ever like a robot. Even the tears are fully gone.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stutter, not really sure what the heck to say. "If you need me to I can-"

"I already told you I don't want your sympathy," Joel spat.

I was taken aback, confusion sweeping through my mind. "Then why did-"

"You asked why I do it so I flat out told you," he interrupts, his voice stern.

I'm beginning to get really pissed at his sudden mood change. What does he except someone to do when they hear something like that? I would guess feel sorry for the other person, but nope not Joel. He tells you and wants nothing else to do about it. Well newsflash, most people grieve over their lost of someone not vice versa.

I remove my eyes from him not wanting to look at him any longer.

"If you don't want me to give you remorse then why the hell tell me?" I ask through my gritted teeth. "Of course I'm going to feel sad for you even if you don't."

From the corner of my eye I saw Joel's head snap to me, clearly enraged. "You don't think I feel nothing for the loss of my own father!" he sneers.

Hesitantly I face him. Even with his boiling hot face I can see heartbreak in his trembling eyes.

I suck in a deep breath, feeling braver then I felt. "Actually no I don't," I flat out told him. "Normal people would be balling their eyes out for a love one they lost. But not you. No, you keep it all inside letting it build and then turn on people who are trying to help you."

"Okay then help me!" he shouts. "Please do, because I'm sure there's a hell of a lot you can do during this situation to make me feel a whole lot better." I couldn't help but notice a sense of sarcasm in his voice.