the bad boy likes only me; the good girl: [Ch 9] uncomfortable

hey guys!

enjoy the twist and turns :)

please comment and vote.

make a girl real happy :)

---------------------------------

Chapter 9: Uncomfortable

I stood in the hall staring at nothing, well what used to be Joel. I cannot believe I agreed to something so dumb. Everything that I've been working for is about to go down the tube all because of him.

I sigh. What am I trying to prove to this guy? Why do I even care? Am I willing to risk everything I've worked for, for him? I don't know what's going on with me or why the change in heart. It's weird, I can't even answer anything about myself. Tell about not knowing me.

"Selena?" said a hesitant male voice.

I blinked once, bringing me back to the real world after hearing my name.

I turned around stunned to see Darren Walker, aka Kiah's supposed boyfriend staring at me. He's not a tall man but he is built with define muscles. There's nothing too special about him from what I would die over because he has average brown, buzzed hair with dull brown eyes and an all too cute baby face (nothing I would be proud of). Face it, not one thing about him pops out, but Kiah must have seen something to go out with him.

He stood somewhat away from me, slumped over with sad eyes. To tell the truth I can actually careless about his reaction because he's the popular star quarterback (go figure) and here he is wasting his time talking to someone like me. I say that because we never talk and all of the sudden here he is standing in front of me.

I glance around searching the hallways seeing if he was talking to someone else. Nobody. We're the only two standing in the hallway; alone. Great what could he possibly want?

"Yes I'm talking to you," he informed.

"Um...hey...Darren," I greeted but confused.

"Do you know where Kiah is?" he asks sternly. Yeah, 'hi' to you too.

Why am I not surprised? Of course the only reason he would talk to me is to know where Kiah is or what she's doing.

I shrug. "I thought she was with you," I told him.

He took his eyes off of me sneering at the ground and shaking his head doubtfully. "Yeah, I thought so too."

"Do you know where she is?"

"If I did I wouldn't be talking to you," he said. Ouch. But I guess that was a pretty stupid question. Gosh, I swear, I'm getting dumber and dumber by each day.

I shook my head slowly, scowling at him. Then I turned around walking away from him. No way in hell am I going to deal with him being a dick to me for no apparent reason.

"No, please don't go. I didn't mean to rude," he apologizes.

I froze to a halt, though not sure why. I should just keep going and not even deal with him and his bullshit attitude.

"It's just...," he stammered what seems like to collect his thoughts, "this is the second time Kiah stood me up."

I turned around with full attention on him. This news isn't the same old news I'm used to be hearing. I also notice that he was closer to me as well.

He continues, "We were supposed to hang out yesterday after school but she never showed."

"Did you try calling her?" I ask.