the bad boy likes only me; the good girl: [Ch 13] it's a date

Heyy guys! This one is for all my fans :)) you guys are AMAZING. Without you this story would never come to life!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13: It's A Date

It is weird. The walk with Joel I mean. We are not talking at all, only walking next to each other. Very close I might add. Everyone we passed by would gave us derange, to scowling, to hatred looks. I became apprehensive with the backtalk and gossip going on.

"Are they going out?"

"I feel so sorry for Joel."

"What does he even see in her?"

My whole body cringed at what I am hearing because never once was I apart of the gossip or drama circle, so it kinda takes its toll on me when I am the center of attention. Well, mostly. Joel just kept his cool, ignoring all the comments like he has been through all this before...Has he?

Overlooking the gawking stares and comments, Joel acted like a true gentleman walking me to my class. Along the way our arms would brush against one another making me blush, while my heart melts with delight. Every time we touch I would turn sun burnt red, while he would give a little cocky smile knowing he is doing his job. Maybe I should start paying him? A dollar fifty, plus tax should do it for every time I blush. I guess I better start saving up because he is going to be one rich guy by the end of the day.

Getting closer to Senora Bitchy Ramm's classroom, I couldn't help but speculate that during the whole time we were walking, Joel's eyes were bound to me. It seems like he is more concerned in watching me rather then where he is walking. Heck, he could fall in a pit of spikes because he is so unaware of his surroundings. Actually, I should not be talking because during our whole walk of silence I just kept my eyes forward, trying desperately not to look at him. Do not get me wrong, I would love to stare at him all day long as the next girl, but it is just...I don't know...a trust issue thing for me. I don't want to be hurt again, so this is just a percussion I am taking. Instead of falling head over heels for this guy in one day, like any other ho bag in this school, I am going to see if he can truly 'wait' for me. To give me time to build myself up instead of being knock back down as soon as I let my guard down.

Reaching the classroom door, we stood face to face staring at each other intently. His hypnotizing eyes of his are making me want to do something irrational, something I could regret later.

Distracting myself before I actually do something that I will regret I pointed back to the open door behind me. "So...um...this is my classroom," I said lamely. Oh gosh, kill me now, I sound like a complete moron.

"I suppose it is," he said, putting his hands in his jean pockets and rocking himself back and forth.

Is he as nervous as I am for some reason? But I thought his cocky ass of his never gets nervous? Is he playing me?

"Um...uh, I-I better get going," I stuttered, spinning around to head through the door.

"Same here."

I was almost inside when he said something that brought butterflies to my stomach. "Oh, and I'll be waiting for you after you get out of class," he informs me. I can sense the smile in his tone.

He had me stopped in my tracks for a mere second only because what he said was a new language to me. Never once had a guy say he will wait for me. I shook off the-I-never-had-emotion and entered the room without glimpsing back at him with a puzzle look consuming my face.