the bad boy likes only me; the good girl: [Ch 3] first encounter

Chapter 3: First Encounter

I swear Kiah's emotions are on a never ending rollercoaster ride and I always have to be the one to stop it. This is my reason for never getting caught up in relationships. It's just drama all the way around. But Kiah, she lives for it.

"Kiah, just because you showed the new kid around doesn't mean you should instantly fall in love with him," I said honestly.

"Like you should know Miss. No-Hormones."

I seriously want to strangle her for being such a poop brain.

"Unlike you I can control them."

"You know you're not helping at all," she mumbles.

I massage my poor head for this useless conversation. Kiah acting like this always bugs the crap out of me. One moment she's in love, the next moment when her eye catches a new one she's in love with him. And she says I have issues?

Getting away from this subject I ask, "So, is he still even here?" I began searching for him in the cafeteria. Actually, I'm growing curious because I want to see if he's as hot as everyone says he is. But apparently he must be sense Kiah is literally dying over here. Now that I think of it I wonder how she survived giving him the tour?

"No he's not. Today was just a get-to-know-your-new-school-better-day. He's starting tomorrow," she groans.

"You want him don't you?" I ask.

She nods her head solemnly.

"You know Kiah-"

"I think I'm gonna go," she interrupts. She stood up from her seat. "I'm gonna go and hang out with Darren for awhile before lunch is over with. See yah," and she walks away without even looking back at me.

My jaw dropped. I can't believe she's going to hang out with Darren after everything she just told me. How can I have been so blindsided to not notice her new boyfriends every two weeks? It's like she pretends to be interested in them but is really thinking about a new boy she has her eyes on. Wow, shows how much I actually pay attention to her. Now all the puzzle pieces are finally fitting together.

I grab my food, which is pretty much uneaten, and threw it all away. I don't want to be sitting by myself, thanks to Kiah, so I figure I'll roam the halls for no reason. And if the teachers say return to the cafeteria because students aren't allowed to be walking around during lunch time, I'll just use the excuse that Mr. Busen said that we need to walk one thousand steps a day. So basically I'm just doing my homework. Golly, I'm such a good kid.

Seeing how the rules are, the hallways were empty. Every now and then I will pass a student or a teacher in the hallways which feels really awkward.

I stroll through the halls keeping close to the walls/lockers; though I have no idea why I am seeing how I have all this empty space around me.

I rounded my way to a corner and ran smack into an open locker falling flat to my now probably bruise butt; fantastic.

"Ouch," I whine rubbing my butt.

"Ah, shit. Sorry bout that," said a serene male voice.

I didn't even look up to see who it is because instantly a gesture hand came down in front of my face. Automatically I grasp it pulling myself up on my two feet.

"Than-" but I stop myself at who I am staring at. It can't be, can it?

His smile is captivating. It stretches all the way to his cheekbones along with two little dimples. His eyes were the most sky blue eyes imaginable. It's like I'm flying in an endless sky not sure which way is up or down. But his hair is the opposite of his eyes. Instead it is a shadowy night color of black. It's long and straight and it only goes a little pass his ears, while some of it hangs loosely over his eyes where it is brush to the side. He is tall and slender but still has some muscle as well. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt with a simple black hoodie with some tight but not too tight blue jeans.