Epilogue

Epilogue

(Dillon and Kevin's wedding reception)

**Thanks again everyone for all your support, your comments, and encouragement while writing this story. I hoped you enjoyed Dilly and Kevy, maybe you'll see them again, xoxo Dianna**

Dillon

3 years later

"There you go Ryan, all done. Now remember no more roller skating without wearing your protective gear, buddy." I smiled at my young patient who was sitting on his mother's lap while I bandaged his bruised knee. "I'll have your discharge papers ready in few minutes." I said to the mother before cleaning up my debris and exiting the room. I checked the time on the clock on the wall and almost did a little happy dance right there in the middle of the Pediatric Emergency Room. I had fifteen minutes before my shift was over and today was my last day at work before taking my four week long vacation.

Why such a long vacation you ask? I'll happily answer anyone who asks me that question. I'm getting married on two days. Two days, and I get to join my life to the man of my dreams forever. That's right, my Kevy liked it, so he's going to put a ring on it baby. Then we are off to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I'm going to make sure every minute of those four weeks count as something extra special for my Kevy. He'd been working so hard, and I am so proud of him.

Despite the shambles his father had left of the family's name and his reputation in the business world. Kevin had managed to stand on his own two feet and hold his head up. He and Isaac had spent over six months talking about the dreams of the Carmichael Foundation. They spent another year working day and night to make the Foundation a reality. I had to applaud Isaac and his husband Royce, as well as hubby to be.

The Foundation was not only a charity, but a multi faceted business, educational center, and career mecca for those unfortunate enough to have been victims of any type of abuse. It didn't matter if you were gay or straight. It was of no concern if it involved you only you or your entire family who needed to get out of a violent situation, and it surely wasn't a problem no matter if you were an underage child needing an child advocate, placement in a safe environment, or if you were an adult needing to get back on your own two feet. Between the Covington Institute and the Carmichael Foundation, there were options out there for people seeking to start over and recover from being abused.

I volunteered my time there as much as I can along with some of the other my fellow nurses at work. A few of the staff from the Covington Institute volunteered as well and I must say, my favorite of them was another nurse by the name of Richard. He's a riot. I thought I was a diva, but Richie had me beat. I was definitely out of my league when compared to him, but I love him to pieces and so does husband, Brad. Brad was a big guy, he also worked at the House, they liked to call it, they said it sounded better than saying Institute all the time. Yes, it was a mental health institution, but it was also much more than that, similar to the Foundation. You may be court ordered to go there, but there were other resources available to anyone with mental health issues.

My Kevy helped in creating something as spectacular as the Carmichael Foundation and he is currently in charge of the business end of the charity. He makes sure the funding, the people, hospitals, clinics, educational institutions, and the general public are running smoothly and cooperating with each other. He handles the day to day business and marketing of the business, and the Foundation is prospering. Isaac and Royce are so proud. My father thinks that Kevin has hung the moon and stars. And the love of my life has even reached out towards his mother and they are working on mending their relationship.

Excitement strummed through my veins as I waited for little Ryan's, already a skateboard daredevil at seven years old discharge paperwork to print out. I can send him home with clear instructions for his mother to take care for his injuries. I looked around at the hustle and bustle of the Peds ER and my chest expanded just a little bit with a sense of pride. I guess I'm a little nostglostic today because I am getting ready to make a major life change, one that has been years in the making.