Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Kevin...

(Therapy Room)

Wiping my sweaty hands on the side of my regulation pants, I continued on my way towards the therapy room. Today was my first session with Dr. Covington-Carmichael. I mean, I've already acknowledged that I have an anger problem. Who wouldn't with a father like mine, but that doesn't mean I wanted to talk about it.

If I could find a way or if I had any other the means monetary wise, I wouldn't even have the love of my life under the same roof with the bastard. I had tried for years to get my mother to leave the asshole, but she's refused and continued to turn a blind eye to all his bullshit as usual. She made her bed and there is nothing I can do to get her out of it.

I turned the knob on the designated door and entered the room, I was well aware of my protection detail just looking like they were just patrolling the area. I was glad for them because this place is like a vipers nest, when you cut the head off one snake another popped up, and from the lustful glares I've been receiving lately from a new inmate, it looked like the replacement head has regenerated. My stomach rolled just to think of it, the guy was even bigger than Javier.

The hulking man made it point to linger in the chow line and lasciviously lick his meaty lips and blow me kisses anytime I took a chance and looked up to see the big bastard. Needless to say, I made sure that I didn't go anywhere by myself without being in Diablo's direct eyesight. I have even taken to sticking to Papi's side when I wasn't sure of the guards and who was assigned to keeping an eye on me.

Sometimes, I didn't know whether to be pissed off about having to have a protection detail following me around. One part of my brain bristled and said I should be man enough to take care of myself, then the other side, I would think is the logical side of me is relieved and thankful that I have people looking out for me in this place, otherwise God forbid what would have happened if Javier had gotten what he wanted.

I know I'm gay, but that doesn't mean I'd welcome sex with strangers and find it easier to accept homosexual relations off the bat, there is a big difference. Rape is rape, the men in here

aren't fucking you for your pleasure, they are asserting their dominance over you while satisfying their own sadistic urges. I wanted no part of that, and I would rather die than find myself in that situation again.

"Good afternoon, Kevin. It's nice to see you. How are you today?" I heard the pleasant voice inquire and I looked over to see the good doctor already seated in one of the two chairs placed next to a narrow window.

"Um..Hi. I'm good." I replied as I sank down into the seat opposite the handsome man. God to be a fly on their bedroom wall. He and his lawyer husband made a stunning couple.

"Oh come on, you can do better than that. There's no need to be shy." He gave me a genuine smile that I couldn't help but to return.

"What can I say doc, I haven't been raped, beaten, or attacked today so all I can say is I'm good. My future father-in-law is helping to keep me safe, the love of my life is stuck in my oppressive house, and I pray nightly for you and your husband to find a way to get me out of here as soon as possible. That's where my headspace is doc."

"Well that's certainly a beginning. Which one of those statements do you want to address first." He said as he pushed his designer glasses a bit further up his nose. Mind you the lenses did absolutely nothing to hide the brilliance of his intelligent eyes.

I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms across my chest. I couldn't meet the good doctor's eyes. I knew I should be grateful for his and his husband's help, but I so didn't want to talk about the root of my anger. Yes, I know exactly why I get so irrationally upset, and I damn sure didn't want to talk about it. I've tried not to let it bother me anymore. I've tried my best to not let him hold the power over me to even matter in my world, but he's like an infection that you can't get rid of festering away in your life like a virulent parasite.