Chapter Three : Lame Holidays

Chapter Three

Jade ignored me the entire way home, I kept on getting glances from Caleb sitting in the front seat telling me to try and make a move, but like I would listen to him anyway. He has a girlfriend for a matter of weeks before there is a new person on the scene.  

Dad dropped all the girls off to their houses before dropping Jade off; I got out of the car with her, to walk her up the house even though she declined.

“So did you have fun?” I ask.

“Yeah it was fun, interesting too,” she smiles, “so school ends tomorrow what are you doing for the holidays?”

“Um nothing, my older brother is coming home and maybe my sister but that’s about it.”

“You have two more siblings?” she asks with wide eyes.

“Actually I have three more siblings and they are all blood related, Caleb is the only one who isn’t blood in my family,” I state, the last bit quieter than normal.

“Wow big family then,” she sighs.

“Yeah, I guess, what are you doing?” I ask.

“Waiting for my carer to come home from work,” she vaguely says.

“So nothing then,” I laugh.

“Nope.”

“Wanna go see a movie or something together seeing as we both are going to be bored over these holidays?” I ask.

“Sure!”

With that, I got her phone number and walked back to the car where I knew a lecture was awaiting.

“Well son, what was that?” dad asks.

“That’s Jade and we are going to see a movie on the holidays sometime because both of our holidays are going to be boring,” I say.

“Nice, are those the exact words you used to ask her out?” Caleb asks.

“Maybe, why?”

“If you did you just called her lame,” he laughed.

“What?” I didn’t need an answer; I kind of did call her lame.

Just then I get a text, too bad your brother had to come out this morning, I was enjoying your company. Can’t wait to see the movie with you J

I smile and return the text, Yeah I know, did you see me put him in a head lock for that. I enjoyed hanging out with you this morning too. See you soon? J

Yep :D

We didn’t text much after that, we just carried out our normal lives as if we had never met each other, or well I did. I don’t exactly know what was going through her mind.

JADE P.O.V.

I don’t know what to say, when Kyle walked me to the front door I was actually scared that Jayden might be home. Jay told me once that he used to call in to their place every so often to tell them he is still alive, but considering I was like 3 when he found me, I don’t remember him ever being gone.

I tried to play it off by talking about holidays and school and stuff that any teenager can relate with but the whole time I just wanted him gone so that if Jay did come out to check on me for kissing any boys, then he wouldn’t see Caleb or Kyle.

When Kyle asked me to see a movie with him, I got nervous. Boys never ask me to do things, well apart from Caleb but everyone knows that at the end of each year he comes and asks 4 girls with red hair to come and see the old building that’s apparently haunted. But I know it’s not, Jayden is here with me. And his family, a.k.a Caleb and Kyle’s family, think he is in the army fighting.

I said yes and gave him my number so he would leave, but also because I think it would be nice to have some company over the holidays this year. Every year I am bored because all of my girlfriends leave and go to exotic places while I’m stuck here in Toowoomba, by myself.

When Kyle leaves, I walk inside my house. No one is home, so I walk straight up stairs into my room and put everything down. I don’t really feel like doing my washing now, so it can wait a while.

I grab my phone and text Kyle and to my surprise he texts straight back.

I smile remembering how funny he looked with bed hair this morning. When he got up he looked cute, not that I was staring at him or anything. It’s just he looked cute with his hair all over the place not set into the way he wants it to be just yet. It’s kind of nice when boys don’t care about there appearance well to me it is anyway.

When Jayden comes home, I sneak down stairs to scare him.

“Boo,” I say loudly.

“Arrrhh,” he jokes, “Well how was the camping trip?”

“It was great,” I say.

“That’s good, did Caleb recognise you?” he asks, looking a little scared.

“No, why would he recognise me?”

“Because you are starting to look more like Alice, a little more every day,” he says kindly.

“Really?” I say softly with a smile.

He just nods.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, 

If i can get two votes I'll update my story today!!

Hope your enjoying this book so far. 

love Mikeala_Rulz <3