Chapter One : True Story

“The building that once housed a hundred of beautiful smiling kids had been evacuated. The smiles of the children, the faces when they learnt something new and wonderful ‘mother’ who looked after all of these children, they were all gone; the building, left abandoned.

The grass where the children used to run, jump and play was all rugged because it hadn’t been mowed by the children’s ‘father’. The laughs, the screams and the tears all gone because of the one evacuation; the children were too young to live by themselves in this house. The large grey, stone house that used to house so much colour, the only colour left; the fading red roof.

The ‘father’ had died; the youngest of the children were 4. Love disappeared that day, but not all of it for they still had their ‘mother’. But the ‘mother’ had not been the same since he died. The laughter on the grass ceased, for all of a month; when the grass got too long to play in, the ‘mother’ forbidden the children from going outside.

Jackson, the eldest of all the children, then started to mow the grass. Seeing how depressed her ‘mother’ was Sophie decided to help cooking. Olivia and Grace helped with the cleaning, the children started to learn to take care of themselves. When the mother saw this, she grew happier. She left her room and enjoyed the children’s company again.

But soon enough, the ‘mother’ of all these children died. No-one knows why. All that has been said is that Jayden went to get his ‘mother’ for dinner and she was gone. Not moving, not breathing, and barely aware even when they called out her real name.

When that day came, the youngest of all the children were 5. Some of them had moved out of their ‘home’. Moved away from their ‘parents’, their ‘brothers and sisters’, from the life they were lucky to have because of their ‘mother’ and ‘father’ that took them in, when no one wanted them.

Jackson moved away and became a well-respected lawyer with children of his own. Sophie, nursed the youngest of her ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters’ as long as she possibly could until she had to move on in her own life, where she became a photographer for a big name company in New York. Olivia and Grace were adopted together and able to continue High School and into their future jobs. All the other children were either adopted into new families or well looked after at the top orphanages in the country and slowly colour came into their lives again.

Not a lot is known about one of the kids though, Jayden, the boy who found his ‘mother’ lying still, dying for no reason. No one knows where he went or if he even left. It is said that he went mad believing that his ‘mother’ wasn’t dead and is still shaking and screaming her name today, but if that were true you would still be able to hear the name Alice crying from one of the windows on the top floors,” Caleb says.

 The wind howls, and we all listen in.

“Hear that, it’s the cry of Jayden. Trying to wake his ‘mother’,” Caleb continues.

All the girls but one shriek, I stare at her. That story was scary, even the first time I came to the abandoned house I shrieked. It’s a true story, which is what scared me the most. But I understand why she didn’t scream. She looked at me with wide eyes, and then looked away. She wasn’t even over shocked.

“So for the past couple of years, we all come here to listen and wait for Jayden to come out of the house, the house that is still filled with grey and is not gaining any colour,” he tells them.

A couple of the girls start to grab a hold of each other. He hasn’t even said the line about how he will come down a shake any girl with red hair screaming Alice until they wake up.

That’s what Calebdoes; he flirts with all the red heads at our school until the end of the year, and then brings them here, to the abandoned house and tells them this story. There isn’t any reason for doing it, it just gives him a reason to come and visit his old home.

No one knows he is one of the children that used to play and live here, I’m the only one. And that’s only because I am his older brother.

Caleb tells them about how Jayden comes down and shakes you and all of the girls are now hugging, except for one. The same girl.

He blows out the candle he had lit to tell the story, “sweet dreams girlies.”

I walk towards the girl who didn’t flinch, and tap her shoulder.

“What do you want?” she says in a small voice. It barely came out of her mouth.

“Nothing, I’m just curious, what’s your name?” I ask.

“Jade,” she says, “I’m going to sleep now, so can you move?” she says pushing my leg slightly.

“Wait, you aren’t scared about Jayden?” I asked shocked.

“No, why are you?” Jade asks.

“No Jade, I’m not I’m just curious as to why you aren’t.”

“I don’t know, I think that if that were to of happened, more people in this city would know about what happened here, ya know?” the way she says it. It’s like she doesn’t believe it, yet also does; like she is hiding something.

“Okay then, night Jade,” I say with a wink.

I wonder towards my brother and his tent.

“Great job tonight Caleb,” I tell him.

“Thanks, I don’t think the story got through to Jade though,” he says.

“Yeah I’m not sure about her. She doesn’t really seem too scared.”

“I know, it’s weird, all of them are normally freaking and wanting me to drive them home by the end of it,” he sighs.

“Well brother, maybe your story is losing its touch,” I touch his shoulder, “but in all seriousness, have you heard from Jayden lately?”

The thing is, Jayden did leave, and he wasn’t “adopted” as such into my family, more like taken in because he was going to be an adult in one year anyway. He joined the army and that’s when Caleb started doing these things. It was Jayden’s idea, and of course he listened to him.

“No,” he states and that’s the last thing said all night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, 

This is a new story I am writing at the moment. The first part of this chapter needs to be fixed up I know but I am busy getting ready to go back to school.

Hope you enjoy this book.

Don't forget to VOTE.

If I can get one vote i'll update tomorrow!!

<3 Mikeala_Rulz