Epilogue

The Girl lets her head hang back, her red locks spread across her pillow and her eyes stare at the blank ceiling that lies above her. She lifts her hand and her eyes slowly move from the bare ceiling towards her hand. She looks at the small diamond on her left hand and smiles. She closes her eyes and remembers how the day looked when he asked her to marry him, the day she knew she would never forget. She reopens her eyes and lays her hand back down on the bed that lie beneath her. But when she looks at the ceiling this time, all she can feel is pain, she squeezes her eyes shut, she squeezes them tight. She holds in a scream, a scream that cannot be released, not here. Not in the one place where she is supposed to have comfort. A hand reaches across her and lightly rolls her over, and says something quietly. At first she can’t hear it, she doesn’t want to hear it, but when the person says it again she has no choice, she must hear what comes out of this persons mouth.

Alice!

They are calling for her, but she does not move, she doesn’t even open her eyes. She doesn’t know who Alice is.

Alice!

The person is slightly shaking her now, still her defences stay up. Even when the person screams in desperation for her, she doesn’t move, she doesn’t wake, she just lays there still, cold and dying.