━━ chapter ten.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈

STEPHEN AND WANDA wandered around the ruins of Kamar-Taj, stepping over gravel scattered across the ground. Wanda's boots echoed against the stone floors, the unsettling silence making her feel uneasy. The Eye of Agamotto bounced against Stephen's chest, the beautiful green light emitting from the centre.

"What are we trying to find?" Wanda asked.

"The Book of Vishanti. It contains many spells that are powerful enough to help us stop Mordo." Stephen asked.

"Was it apart of the Ancient One's collection?"

"Yes. I was interested in reading it myself but I never got the chance to. It's the only way we will be able to stop Mordo."

Wanda nodded in agreement, as they proceeded to the library. The smell of blood hung in the air, making Wanda feel nauseous. Entering the library, Stephen manoeuvred around the books thrown across the floor. Heading towards the shelf filled with the Ancient One's books. The chains across each book were corroded, staining Stephen's hands once he brushed his fingers against them. His eyes landed on the book with the light green cover, gold embellishments on the spine and edges. Pulling the chain off, the book fell into his hands, dust floating into the air.

"Is that it?" Wanda asked. Stephen nodded.

"Let's go before anyone finds us." Rotating his hand in a circular motion, he summoned a portal, stepping through. Wanda followed behind him. They returned to the Sanctum. Wong was on guard, armed with his staff. He relaxed when seeing Stephen step through the portal. The portal closed behind them.

Stephen proceeded to the stone lectern, slamming the book on top of it. The three of them gathered around the lectern, as Stephen began to open the book.

"You do know the book of Vishanti is for defensive spells." Wong reminded him.

"I do. This will still help us in some way." Stephen reassured Wong.

"What spells are there in the first place?" Wanda asked.

"Let's see." Stephen traced his finger along the pages of the book, some spells standing out to him.

"The Gorgerell Transportation Spell. Wait does this mean, we don't need to use sling rings to travel." Stephen looked astonished.

"Most students at Kamar-Taj could not master the technique. I don't know if you could do it yourself Stephen."

"I have to try. Please give me some space." he stepped away from the book, Wanda and Wong moving away from the lectern. Stephen copied the method of how to properly master the spell. Several hand gestures, Stephen felt the magic surge through his hands, closing his eyes, concentrating.

His eyes slowly opened, revealing to Stephen that he was at the top of the Himalayas. Repeating the spell technique, he returned back to the Sanctum. Wong and Wanda looked at him with awe.

"You're truly a great sorcerer Stephen." Wong said. Stephen was surprised by the compliment.

"What else is in the book?" Wanda asked. Stephen headed back to the lectern, flipping several pages and trying to find significant spells.

"Here's another. Crytorryk Spell of Invisibility." Stephen said.

"Let me try it." Wanda said. She gracefully moved her hands, performing the right finger gestures, before she was no longer visible to Stephen and Wong. "Did it work?" she asked.

"It did." Stephen chuckled. Wanda returned to normal visibility.

"You think these two spells are enough?" Wong asked.

"I have a plan Wong. Wanda, It's time to end this for good." Stephen smirked.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

STEPHEN USED the Teleportation spell, appearing in a dilapidated room. This looked like the ruins Stephen saw in his dream. Stephen conjured up mandala energy shields. Footsteps sounded in the room, as Mordo joined him. He was taken aback after seeing Stephen standing in front of him.

"Hello Mordo." Stephen smirked.

"How...how did you find me?" Mordo's voice was shaky.

"This ends now Mordo. No longer will you kill innocent people." Stephen threw a shield, it impacting against Mordo's head. Stephen caught the shield as it returned to him. Mordo flew backwards, slamming against the wall. Blood dripped from the cut on his forehead, bringing his fingers to wound, wetting them with blood.

"Very well then Strange." He readied his staff, flailing it, the force knocking into Stephen's abdomen, knocking away the mandala shields. He grunted in pain, conjuring a whip, slashing it towards Mordo. He lept in the air, kicking Stephen in the chest. Stephen dropped to the ground, blood dripping from his mouth. He spat blood out, wiping his mouth on the sleeve of his robes. Slowly getting up, he turned towards Mordo, as he conjured up another whip. He blocked Mordo's staff with the whip, elbowing him in the neck. Stephen used to whip to pull away Mordo's staff, holding it across his neck, choking him.

"Surrender now Mordo." Stephen shouted in his face.

"Never." he smirked, a sharp pain ripping through Stephen's skin. Mordo began carving into Stephen's own flesh with a glass blade. Stephen moved away, clutching the cuts on his stomach, blood coating his hands. "Now to take away your powers, Sorcerer Supreme." His hands began to glow, reaching to pull the magic out of Stephen's body.

His magic deflected against Stephen, a stunned look appearing on his face.

"What sorcery is this?" Mordo muttered in anger.

"Me." Mordo turned around, as Wanda became visible in front of Mordo. She knocked him into the wall, as she shot an energy projectile at him. His head hit the wall, before he fell into unconsciousness.

"Thanks." Stephen got back up on his feet.

"I told you the protection spell would help." Wanda pointed out.

"I know." Stephen pulled up the peaks of the collar for the Cloak of Levitation.

"Now what?" Wanda asked. They both stared at Mordo lying on the ground.

"We get the answers we need. We also need to find out where Umar is when Mordo wakes up." Stephen dragged Mordo across the floor, his blood leaving a long trail across the floor, nearer towards where Wanda was standing.

"Let's go." Wanda said, Stephen nodding in agreement. Standing upright, he performed the incantation, as the three of them teleported back to the New York Sanctum.