━━ chapter six.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫❝ 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋

THE GUARDIAN of the London Sanctum jolted in surprise, as Stephen walked out. He realised it was the Sorcerer Supreme, before lowering his head, letting Stephen continue on his way. Stephen noticed many dead bodies of fellow sorcerers, singe marks around their necks and wrists. The air reeked of blood. Wanda couldn't have done this. He walked back towards the guardian.

"Have you seen Wanda Maximoff?" Stephen asked the guardian. Suddenly his eyes turned red, collapsing to the floor. Stephen rushed towards the guardian. He stopped in his tracks, a tight feeling around his neck, suffocating him. A force threw him into the wall on his right, as he landed with a loud thud on the ground. Blood dripped down his forehead, his lip split open. He slowly woke up, turning around, seeing Wanda standing across from him.

"Wanda. Snap out of it!" Stephen shouted at her.

"I'm not Wanda. I'm the Scarlet Witch." her voice coarse. She shot an energy projectile at Stephen, which he blocked with a shield. Stephen conjured up a whip, aiming to grab Wanda's hand. It coiled around her wrist, pulling her towards him. She shot a projectile towards Stephen, hitting him in the abdomen. He flew backwards, hitting his head on the wall.

His head started throbbing in immense pain. Stephen struggled to get up. Wanda caught him by the throat, the force of her power choking Stephen. His face turned red, as he tried to gasp for air. She summoned a glass blade, jabbing it into his bicep. He gritted his teeth in pain, biting down a scream. Dizziness overwhelmed him. He knocked her forward, pushing her into the Astral Plane. Her form floated above him.

"Stephen. Help me." she squinted in pain, her hands pulling at her hair. Stephen drew her back to her body. Wanda stumbled. Her eyes continued glowing red. Slowly the colour of her irises turned back to being brown. She gasped for air, before looking up at Stephen. Her eyes were bloodshot, before she bursted into tears. Stephen tore a piece of fabric from a nearby curtain, making a makeshift tourniquet to prevent him from losing any more blood. He walked towards Wanda, kneeling on her level, his hand on her shoulder.

"Wanda." he managed to say.

"I killed all those sorcerers. I..." she couldn't look at him.

"It was not your fault." She stood up, moving away from Stephen. He gazed at her.

"I can't help you Stephen. I can't. I'm sorry." she rotated her hand in a circular motion, opening a portal and stepping through. Stephen sighed, before opening a portal to the New York hospital.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

HE APPEARED in the cleaning closest of the hospital, pushing the door opening. His hand was soaked with his blood. He headed towards Christine's office. A few boxes laid around the room. He saw her shuffling through files.