𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘❝ 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ❞

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 

STEPHEN STRANGE stared at the ancient artefact, it's beauty shimmering in the light. It was a jaded orb, seemingly looking like sea glass. He gracefully spoke an incantation, his hands beginning to illuminate. The protective barrier surrounding the artefact disappeared in an instant.

His hands shook as he reached to grab the orb. The cool feeling against his fingertips, carefully lifting it from the stone podium.

"Well that was easy." he smirked.

The room began to shake. Bits of debris starting to fall from above him.

"I really did speak too soon, didn't I." he shook his head in disbelief. The Cloak of Levitation shook in agreement. "Oh hush up you."

Stone pieces from the wall began to crumble. Stephen quickly used his sling ring to open a portal back to the Sanctorum. He quickly stepped through before the entire room caved in on itself. He fell over, cutting himself across the cheek. He slowly got back on his feet, brushing away the remnants of debris from his tunic and the cloak. He clicked his fingers, sending the cloak back to its glass case.

"Well that would have ended up being a lot worse." Wong said.

"I handled it. See I even retrieved the orb that you talked about." he shook it in front of Wong's face.

"Careful with that Strange."

"You still haven't told me why it was so important to retrieve."

"I thought by now you would know all about the ancient artefacts we protect."

"We don't exist. The Kamar-Taj has been abandoned ever since she died." he mumbled.

"The remaining disciples of Kamar-Taj still have to protect this world whether or not the Ancient One is alive or not."

"Anyway, what does the orb do?" Stephen changed the subject.

"It shows us what we need to see."

"So like it shows us things that can happen in the future."

"No Strange, it's used when trouble has arisen and it guides us on the right path in order to find a solution."

"Okay?" he seemed confused. The door from the London Sanctorum suddenly opened. The guardian stepped through, blood seeping from his waist before collapsing on the floor. Strange and Wong ran towards him. Strange examines the wounded guardian. Blood poured out.

"He has several severed arteries and I won't be able to stop the bleeding. He's been stabbed severely with a glass blade." Stephen sighed. The man went limp before his heart gave in. Stephen closed the man's eyes.

"Could it be someone from Kamar-Taj?" Wong asked.

"Why kill a guardian from the London Sanctorum?" Stephen analysed the situation.

"It's time to use the orb then Stephen." Stephen nodded in agreement. They wrapped the body in a large cloth, tying the ends with pieces of rope. They carried it to the furnace, placing it carefully on the slab and sliding it back inside. Wong pulled the lever, charging up the fire, as the cloth started to catch alight, slowly burning the body.

Returning back to artefact room, Stephen hesitantly looked at Wong before taking the orb.

"Show us who is responsible." Stephen spoke. Nothing happened. "Wong?" Stephen shook his head in disbelief.

"It needs to know that it's not a want but a need." Wong explained.

"How am I suppose to convince an orb that I need the name and not want it?"

The orb began pulsing against Stephen's hands. He looked in awe, as the orb glowed a faint sea green colour. Stephen closed his eyes, letting the magic flow through his veins before suddenly his eyes flew open, flashing images appearing in his vision. A woman, beautiful eyes and hair silver as the moon. Hands, red energy emitting from them. Finally a man in a hood, pulling it away and finally looking directly at Strange.

Stephen jolted upright, his hands shaking in shock.

"What did you see Stephen?" Wong asked impatiently.

"It was..." he couldn't say it out loud.

"Who? Who Strange?"

"Mordo did it."