Chapter ¤ 19

*Three Days Later*

----------------

Dre▶

I've been having these reoccurring dreams lately about my mother, and it's been eatin me up that I've been keepin it to myself. Everytime I have the dream it's the same. But for some reason it feels like it's happenin for real.

It's bad enough that since my mother died, I never went back to visit her grave site. Maybe that's why I keep having the dream.

I miss my mom. She was my rock, my everything. When I didn't have anybody I had her. I know she'd be proud of everything I've accomplished thus far. I know she would love Ki too, just as much as I do.

"Dre?"

"Huh?" I asked confused. I looked up to see Ki have a worried look on her face. She folded her arms across her chest.

"Did you not hear me talking to you?" she asked.

"Nah. What's up baby?" giving her my full attention. She came and sat down beside me on our new bed.

"I said what's wrong? Something is bothering you?" she questioned.

I didn't want to tell her about the dream because I was scared if I told her, it would come true. That's the last thing I need right now.

"It's nothin. I'm fine baby. I promise." I smiled slightly. She gave me the 'nigga please' look. But she's not the type to argue about things so she let it go.

"Alright. Well I'm gonna go fix us some lunch I'm starving." she giggled.

"Aight." I nodded. She leaned in to kiss my cheek and got off the bed. As she walked out of the room I blew out a sigh of relief. I'll tell her eventually but right now I have a lot on my mind.

I got up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. After I did my business and washed my hands, I heard Ki callin me from downstairs. I quickly jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen, immediately smelling the grilled chicken.

"Someone called your phone. I didn't wanna answer it." Ki glanced at me from the stove.

I walked over to the island and picked up my phone. I unlocked it and saw I had a missed call from a number that wasn't in my phone, and a voicemail from the same number.

I sat down in one of the chairs at the island and called my voicemail.

'Hello Mr. Robinson, this is Juan calling. I got your inquiry through our office about needing a private investigator. I would like to dicuss what the matter is at hand. If you could give me a call back today, that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.'

"Who was that?" Ki asked, setting down my plate of food in front of me and sittin down beside me.

"A P.I. He finally called me after I sent the office an email about everything." I told her, puttin phone down.

"That's good. Now they can finally do something about all three of their trifling asses." she laughed. I chuckled.

"Yea you right."

We both started eating and it was silent for the most part. I guess we both had a lot on our minds. Plus tryin to settle into this new big ass house. It's still a lot that needs to be done.

---

"So when are you thinking about making up for your tour babe?" Ki asked, as she laid on the bed.