Chapter ¤ 17

Kiley▶

I was laying in my bed watching tv, when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked over at the clock on my night stand 11:36 p.m. I don't know who would be coming over here this late. I didn't want to get up to answer it. Dre was in the shower, so I had to get up anyway.

I slipped on my bedroom shoes and grabbed a robe from out of my closet. Once I slipped it on I tied it around my waist and pulled my door open to walk downstairs. It was pitch black downstairs so I had to turn on one of the lights.

I got to the door and looked out of the peep hole to see who was at the door. I didn't see anyone which was odd. I wasn't gonna take the chance of opening the door, so I went to the bay window and peeked through the wooden blinds.

I still didn't see anyone. I shrugged my shoulders and walked back upstairs to the room. "What you doin?" Dre asked, pulling a t-shirt over his head. "I heard the doorbell but nobody was out there when I looked." I said, sitting down on the bed. "Oh." he replied, stepping into his basketball shorts.

"Yea. Were you-" I was cut off by the sound of the doorbell again. I looked at Dre and he had a frown on his face. "Stay here." he said, before walking out of the room. I bit my lip and listened to him. I had a bad feeling about whoever was at the door.

I walked to the beginning of the steps to listen to whoever Dre opened the door for. It was quiet. Too quiet. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I waited a few more seconds to see if Dre would come back or if anyone would speak. Still nothing. I started to get nervous but I wouldn't go down the stairs.

"Dre?" I called out. No answer. "Dre babe?" Still no answer. I bit my lip nervously and took a deep breath. I knew he told me not to leave the room, but I couldn't stay up here and not know what the hell was going on.

I slowly walked down each step and stopped at the last one. The closer I got to getting to the front door, the more nervous I got.

Get it together Ki.

I stepped down from the last step and turned the corner to get to the front door. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the front door closed and untouched. Something wasn't right. I walked back and into the kitchen. No Dre. I passed the living room, of course I would've seen him if he was in here. I walked back towards the front door and into the dining room.

I switched on the light and looked around. I jumped suddenly when I saw what was in the far corner of the dining room. Tears filled my eyes and I covered my mouth. There stood Dre with Darian right behind him.

A gun was pointed to the side of his head and his arms were tied behind his back. Dre had a scowl on his face and his jaw was clenched tight. Darian just stood there with an evil smile.

"Kiley baby. Nice to see you again." Darian smiled.

"Why do you keep coming around Darian. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you anymore. I love Dre. I don't want anybody else!" I yelled.

Darian laughed and shook his head. "That's not what it seemed like when I had you pinned against that bed." he smiled.

I looked over at Dre who looked furious and started bucking against Darian, to try and get loose. Darian pulled him tighter against him which made him stop.

"Keep tryin to fight and I'll make it worse for you my nigga." Darian told Dre.

"Shut the fuck up. Pussy ass nigga! If you wanna kill me then fuckin shoot me now." Dre spat.

I looked between the both of them as more hot tears ran down my cheeks. I can't believe this is happening right now.

"Imma get to that. But first, I have somethin for you Ki." Darian smiled. I frowned and shook my head.