Too Good To Be True (Chapter 3)

Recap:

I was ready to drop at any moment but forced my self into the shower and into my tank top and joggers that were my pjs. I crawled into bed and pulled the covers over me and smiled happily because now I would finally be able to sleep. Even if it was only for a few hours. I was just drifting off to sleep when I felt Adrian get into bed behind me. He put his arm over my waist and pulled me back until his chest was against my back. I sighed contentedly and let the world of sleep take over.

*********************************************************************************

Chapter 3

My alarm went off at 8:30am. I groaned and reached out to turn it off but was beaten to it by Adrian. I rested my head back on his chest and shut my eyes.

"Come on. You know we have to get up." Adrian said while playing with my hair.

"But we only just got to sleep." I wined like a little kid.

Adrian chuckled and I could feel it under my cheek. Even though I knew I had to get up I was going to prolong the moment for as long as possible. "What did you find?" I asked him, resting my chin on his chest so I could see his face.

"Absolutely nothing except this rabid cat in the Vine's garden." Adrian replied, a smile on his face. "What about you? Find anything interesting?"

I laughed. "I knew when you were going to the Vine's house I heard the cat all of the sudden." He mock glared at me. "I didn't find anything but I did have a few mishaps of my own." I said turning slightly red.

"Really? Tell me what happened." Adrian replied, really interested.

"I hid behind a door while in the Flinn's house because the kids were going to bed. I managed to get out without being caught. Then I went to the George's. Remember how I said they're always out really late?" He nodded. "Well they came back early but I didn't hear them until they were almost upstairs. The first room I came to I hid in and it turned out to be their bedroom."

This made Adrian burst out laughing, I just glared at him "I'm.. Sorry. Where did you... hide?" He managed to get out in between bouts of laughter.

"Under the bed." I mumbled. This made Adrian laugh harder. I turned away from him and started to get out of bed when he pulled me back down, on top of him. I just glared at him because he had pined me to him.

"I'm sorry but you have got to admit that was just the tiniest bit funny." Looking at him made me forget I was angry at him and I smiled. "You smiled, that means I'm forgiven." He said.

I laughed and was about to reply but he cut me off by kissing me and making me forget what I was going to say. I moved off him and got out of bed. "We better not start otherwise we won't meet Harry on time and you know what he's like when we're late." I said while picking up clothes to change into in the bathroom.

We were both clean, fed and ready by 9am. We were both wearing ordinary clothes so we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves if we were seen. We both also had backpacks with everything we could possibly need including the clothes we were wearing last night.

Sarah and Mark had both gone away for the weekend and knew they could trust me not to do anything stupid. This was good because then I wouldn't have to worry about waking them up when I got in. Harry pulled up outside the house a few minutes later and we left the house and got into the car.

Before Mrs Vine, an elderly lady, had caught me meeting Harry and thought it suspicious and came round to ask a few questions. I told them that Harry was my uncle, who having no kids of his own, liked to visit his only niece regularly and at random times. Next time Harry came round I had to introduce him to Mrs Vine and after confirming the story with Sarah and Mark seemed happy enough with the explanation.