| twenty four |

" we look up at the stars, and see such different things "

Romy was pissed off. She was ready to strangle Harry and Ron. She couldn't believe them. She couldn't believe that they'd go to all this trouble to prove that Malfoy was the Heir of Slytherin! Oh, she was angry and she was ready to kill. She knew they were stupid, but she had no idea they were this stupid.

It all started sometime after dinner. Draco and Romy had just left the library. Romy, holding a book to her chest, was telling him that Abraxas replied and offered a little insight on the issue. Blaise had gone up to the Owlery to send a letter to his mother while Crabbe and Goyle were still in the Great Hall. With this in mind, she knew something was suspicious when she saw the duo being reprimanded by Percy Weasley in the corridor.

"There you are," Draco said he saw his goons. He and Romy strolled up to them. "Have you two been pigging out in the Great Hall all this time? I've been looking for you; I want to show you something really funny." Then he remembered that Percy was there and his demeanor changed. Sneering, he asked, "And what're you doing down here, Weasley?"

Percy wore a look of pure outrage. Through clenched teeth, he said, "You want to show a bit more respect to a school prefect! I don't like your attitude."

Draco sneered at him again before heading down to the Common Room, motioning for Crabbe and Goyle to follow him. Romy matched his pace while his goons struggled to keep up. As they turned into the next passage, Draco began to rant. "That Peter Weasley—"

"Percy," Romy and Crabbe corrected him in sync. She gave him an odd look, confused as to why he would even care enough to correct Draco...Or how he even knew Percy's name.

Draco didn't seem to care. "Whatever," he said. "I've noticed him sneaking around a lot lately. And I bet I know what he's up to. He thinks he's going to catch Slytherin's heir single-handed." He let out a short, derisive laugh as they reached their destination. They stopped at a bare, damp stone wall, Crabbe and Goyle bumping into Draco and Romy. She gave them a short glare. Draco asked, "What's the new password again?"

"Er—" Goyle began.

"Pureblood," Romy said, cutting him off. Goyle never remembered the password.

"Oh yeah!" Draco exclaimed as the stone door concealed in the wall slid open. He marched through it, Romy following, shaking her head. Crabbe and Goyle were right behind them.

Romy went over to the couch by the fireplace. She sat down with her back resting against the armrest and her legs stretched out over the length of the couch. Crabbe and Goyle stood awkwardly, looking around the Common Room as though they were first years again, seeing it all for the first room. "Wait here," Draco said to his friends, motioning for his goons to sit in a couple of empty chairs near Romy. "I'll go and get it. My father's just sent it to me—"

He was back a minute later, thrusting a newspaper clipping under Crabbe's nose. Then he went over to the couch, sitting down and moving Romy's legs so they rested on his lap. He watched in anticipation as they read it while Romy stared in suspicion. Both Crabbe and Goyle looked angered by the article, surprising her. Reading about Lucius Malfoy trash the Weasleys was something they'd always find funny. No, they were acting more like Harry and Ron.

"Well?" Draco said as Goyle handed him the clipping back. "Don't you think it's funny?'

"Haha," Goyle said bleakly.

"Arthur Weasley loves Muggle so much, he should just snap his wand in half and go and join them," Draco said scornfully. "You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them. What's wrong with you, Crabbe?"