| twelve |

" great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people "

The day after detention, Romy woke up at noon to learn that the entire school knew about her being a demigod. Evidently, secrets spread like wildfire and everywhere the first year went, her peers were pointing at her and whispering the rumors. It made Romy's blood boil so much that she spent most of the day clutching her dagger, waiting for that one person to the say the wrong thing about her. Millicent and Blaise tried to calm her down, but all their efforts were done in vain. One of the few things Romy had inherited from Mars was his wrath. She was going to find out who told her secret to the school, and she was going to give them hell for it.

It took one week and one negative Daily Prophet article that detailed how "bloodthirsty" demigods were and that "if Dumbledore was in the right state of mind, he'd have Romilly Honey expelled" before Romy found out anything. Whoever the snitch covered their tracks well, and was superb at hiding. But, eventually, people began talking to her about the rat. She had to ask nearly every student and portrait in the school, who heard it from so-and-so who heard it from so-and-so, until she was led to the portrait of Sir Cadogan. When she went to interrogate the knight, he wasn't at all interested in talking about the snitch. Instead, he babbled on and on about him challenging Romy to a duel. But after she took out her dagger and threatened to cut the portrait to shreds, Sir Cadogan suddenly became more willing to answer her questions. He told her about how a blonde boy came to him the previous Saturday, talking about an inferior girl who thought she was the "best thing since Sugar Quills". When Cadogan asked the boy what made the girl think she was superior to everyone else, he had snapped, "Because she's a bloody demigod!" And that was all the information Romy needed.

She stormed to the Slytherin Common Room, but she needn't go very far. The boy Sir Cadogan had been talking of was standing right in the Entrance Hall with Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, and Theodore Nott. When Draco Malfoy saw the angry girl storming up to him, he tried to casually walk off but nothing could stop Romy from attacking him. She shoved him against the brick wall, holding her golden dagger to his throat, fear written all over his features. "You fucking moron!" Romy yelled at him. "Why the bloody hell would you tell the whole fucking school that I'm a demigod?! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Malfoy started to stutter out a response but the blood pumping in Romy's ears was so loud she couldn't hear him. "You might've just endangered the whole school!...Yeah, you heard me right! The more people that know what I am, the more able monsters will be able to find me and kill me! Do you want me dead!? Do you really hate me that much?!"

"N-no, I don't h-hate you," murmured Malfoy.

Romy took a step back and the boy crumpled to the ground. "Sure doesn't seem like it...From now on, just stay the bloody hell away from me."

She turned on her heel and stomped away, everybody in the vicinity watching her walk away. Malfoy pushed himself to his feet, his mouth agape. He'd never expected Romy to become so angered by this whole ordeal, nor did he realize he might've endangered her life. Suddenly, he felt a whole guiltier.

Purple Hair Ties  ♔ Draco Malfoy ♔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara