Valentine's day (EdwardxReader)

_______ sighed as she sat on her couch watching some romance movie about a caretaker and a man in a wheel chair. It was Valentine's day and almost everyone around her was in love with someone.

It was going to be another (depressing)  lonely Valentine's day for _______.

She shoved another scoop of ice cream into her mouth as the couple kissed for the first time.

Yup this was the life.

_______'s heart seemed to yearn for what they had as she watched the scene play out in front of her. She hated this day because she was single, and wanted nothing more than to be loved.

Suddenly the front door opened and slammed shut. ______ jumped off her couch and fell to the floor looking for the baseball bat that she hid under her couch.

She felt the wooden handle and grabbed it quickly as she sat up ready to attack.

That's when she was met with familiar golden eyes.

"______, calm down it's just me." Edward said as he let out a sigh.

_______ lowered her weapon and put it back under the couch.

"Why in the world do you insist on scaring me, Edward?" ________ asked as she ran a hand through her hair.

Ed chuckled and sat in _______'s abandon spot on the couch.

"You were the one who gave me a spare key and told me to visit you anytime." Edward said smugly.

_______ rolled her eyes and got up from the floor and sat next to Ed.

She pouted in her corner of the couch and her face flushed pink with embarrassment.

"You could at least give me a heads up, one day I'm going to accidentally beat you up with a baseball bat." _______ said as she turned away from Ed.

Edward turned and just blinked, like if he was processing what she said before bursting out into laughter.

______ frowned even more as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's not funny." ________ mumbled.

Ed shook his head and gave her a bright smile.

That's when _______ noticed the heart shaped box in his hands with Winry's name on it.

Of course he was going to give that to her unless..........

"So what brings you here, Ed, don't you want to give that to your valentine?" _______ asked.

Ed grew deathly silent and looked down at the box.

'He got rejected.' _____ thought to herself as she looked to the floor.

Ed turned to her and gave her a soft smile as he reached out to ruffle her hair.

"I was going g to give this to Winry, but someone beat me to it. While I was watching them I realized who I rather have as my valentine and possibly girlfriend." Ed said as a light blush covered his face as he grabbed_____'s hand and kissed it.

______ blushed and snuggled into Ed.

"Yes, I'll be your valentine..............and your girlfriend." ______ whispered softly.

Ed smiled and handed her the chocolates.

"Now let's cuddle and eat chocolate." ______ said happily.

Ed laughed and drew the girl closer to him.

Looks like this Valentine's day won't be a lonely one.

*Hello my readers! How's everyone doing, I hope everyone is well and healthy physically and mentally.
Happy (early) Valentine's day!*

-Dolphinea