Chapter 21

Chapter 21

***Sofia's POV***

I met Trent at the gas station as planned. When I left to walk over to the gas station I didn't tell my mom where I was going. I had long stopped telling her when I was leaving.

Tonight I curled my long auburn hair not really sure who I was trying to impress. Trent? No, I didn't even like him.

In Trent's car he had the heat on thankfully because I was freezing.

"I didn't think you'd show," he admitted as he started to drive.

Honestly I didn't think I'd come either. It was kinda a last minute decision and I was getting tired of Husna's smart remarks towards me. Mom was working late so she wasn't there to quiet Husna. I had just let her continue with her insults because how else would she blow off steam? I was suppose to home and watch the boys, but I was done living up to anyone's expectations. Besides, Husna was a good enough sitter.

At the party the house was filled like I expected. It was your average high school party. People dancing to the music, smoking, drinking, arguing, doing things behind closed doors, etc, etc...

Some of Trent's friends saw him and called him over which left me alone. Soon after Avery came up to me looking tipsy, but not completely wasted.

"What's going on between you and Trent?" she asked, nodding her head in his direction. In her hand she held a red plastic cup, taking sips from it occasionally.

"There isn't anything going on between us. And even if there was it wouldn't concern you," I told her, looking right into her small eyes.

She glared at me before saying, "you've been acting like a real bi-- lately, Sofi,"

"Have I?" I sarcastically asked. I was really tired of Avery and her senseless friends. They were all so materialistic and fake. All they cared about was what they were going to wear to the next party and which guy they were going to hook up with there.

"You don't return calls. Every time one of us tries to talk to you, you act as if you've got a problem with us or something." She was saying. I sighed and ran a hand through my loose hair, annoyed with the person in front of me.

I had to admit that she could take a hint faster than I thought. Now what she needed to do was accept the hint and move the hell on.

"I tried to be nice to you and show you how to have fun, but now all you wanna do is blow me off." She shook her head and took another sip of her drink. She then sighed heavily, the strong, terrible smell going up my nose making me want to get away from her even more.

"Are you done?" I asked impatiently with my hand on my hip. She gaped at me so I just walked away into another room which was also filled with people.

"Sofia," I turned around, hearing my name being called from behind me through all the racket. Darren pushed past a couple of people to get to me.

"I didn't think you came to parties like this," he smirked once he was in front of me.

"And I didn't think you drank," I retorted, nodding at the cup in his hand.

He chuckled. "This ain't mines." Then he nodded towards a girl dancing wildly in the crowd. "This is her drink. She told me to refill it for her but I'm dumping it. She's had way too many drinks tonight as it is."

Oh, how sweet, I almost sarcastically said. But I stopped myself. What he was doing was nice. Plus I had come to learn that Darren wasn't really a bad person. A bit irritating at times, but not bad. Over the past few months I had gotten to know him a little more since I had a lot of my classes with him after his schedule changed.