24.

Our first practice for the play was on a Saturday morning. Leah picked the worse time to kick things off. I liked relaxing and doing absolutely nothing over the weekends. But I got to see Melissa again so it wasn't all bad.

John, Melissa, and I quit working at Shoe Paradise. The practice hours for the play would force us to work real late into the night and since we were still in school that wouldn't really work. Cheer season was also over so that left Melissa a lot of extra time to do what she wanted.

"Good morning guys! I know you're all happy to be here. But as you know, Christmas is coming up soon so we need to get a lot stuff done before then." I quietly groaned. That reminds me, I should really start thinking about what I'm gonna get my friends and family for Christmas.

I was the worst at buying Christmas gifts. It didn't matter if I knew the person my whole life, buying them a gift was a different story. Most years I just had them tell me what they want and I'd get it for them, within reason of course. Hopefully John would help me pick some out for Melissa.

"I decided to get us all donuts so we can start this off on a positive note." Leah said gesturing to the boxes that were sitting on the edge of the stage. Matt raised his hand and Leah laughed. "And no Matt, before you ask, the donuts are not vegan."

He frowned, "I wasn't gonna ask that! I'm not that uptight. I was gonna ask, are they're gluten-free?"

Leah rolled her eyes and mumbled, "I should've known it'd be something like that."

"Hey, it's a serious question!" Matt said frowning.

I shook my head, "No Matt...the donuts are not gluten-free."

"Who cares? Can we please start putting this play together?" Leah growled out. After that she told us to turn to page fifteen of our scripts.

"This scene calls for Jonathan and Matt. Start at the top."

John furrowed his brows, "It's John."

"Alright Jonas get on up there." John looked like he was about to go off when Leah started laughing. "I'm just kidding! Let's start practicing this damn thing already."

Matt and John took to the stage and stood there awkwardly. "So do we just read off the lines or what?"

Leah scoffed, "I don't expect you to be Leonardo DiCaprio or anything but try and act natural. Don't be nervous."

"You know, you telling me not to be nervous doesn't help me at all. I'm still nervous." Matt said.

"Well this is where we work out our fears Matt." Leah said sounding annoyed. "Look, let's just start the scene and see what we got."

Matt seemed to shake his nervous feelings away and started to read off his lines. "John, I think that one Stephanie girl is really into you. Have you seen the way she looks at you?"

"Eh, she's not really my type." John said sounding bored. There must've been stage directions written down in the script as well. Oh yeah, duh.

"Oh well what is your type? Hepatitis A, B, or C?" Matt said before breaking character, "Wait, cut! Are we even allowed to say this? Who wrote this?"

Leah groaned before slowly sliding down her seat and onto the floor. Melissa looked over at me and whispered, "I thought they only said cut while filming movies."

"No they also say it for plays." Leah said sounding tired. "Matt...why must you ask so many questions? Live a little!"

"Well I just want to make sure-"