23.

My hands were sweating like crazy. It felt like my heart was about to explode. Today was the first day back from vacation and all I wanted to do was go home. Not in the 'I'm lazy and want to add one more day of vacation' way, but in the 'my popular girlfriend came of the closet and now I have to walk around with her and possibly face judgement' way.

John looked over at me and squinted, "Can you stop acting like we're about to throw you into a pool full of sharks? You're making me nervous and that's saying something."

Both my knees were bouncing which was making it harder to drive the truck. I picked up John and Melissa so we could go to school together on the first day back. Thanksgiving break came and went really fast, as usual. The only good thing about today is knowing we'd be on break again soon. We get one week off for Thanksgiving and three weeks off for Christmas, which left about two or three weeks of school in between.

Unfortunately, that's the only thing I looked forward to throughout the school year. I didn't care about school dances or football games, all I cared about was the vacations we got. John and I would practically count down the days until our next one.

Melissa reached over and put her hand on my knee in an attempt to stop the bouncing. "Yeah Ren, relax. The kids there aren't sharks."

I laughed, "Yeah right. People suck Mel! Especially the people we have to deal with in high school. You might as well be throwing me into a pool of sharks."

"It's ok Melissa just let her have her little rant. Soon, she'll see it was all for nothing." John said before turning the radio up louder. But of course right when he turned it up, that one song, Closer by Halsey started playing.

I rolled my eyes, "Ugh can you please switch it? This song is annoying."

John puckered his lips and glared at me. "Now you're hating on Halsey."

"I'm not hating on her, I'm hating on her annoying ass song." I said while turning down the street towards our school. Her song had potential but the radio killed it. I hate when radio stations play songs over and over again. I guess that's my fault though, I should really invest in an AUX cord.

Melissa smiled when I stopped the truck in my usual parking spot. "It's go time baby!"

I groaned, "Please don't say that. It makes this ten times worse." I got out the truck, feeling my knees start to shake. I closed my eyes briefly, quit being such a pussy!

I didn't think there was any other lesbian couples on campus but who knows? Sometimes I'd see girls hugging  or holding hands and I'd think 'wow what a cute couple' but find out later on they're just friends. That's another thing that sucks about being gay. I automatically make every interaction between two girls, gay. I call it gover-analyzing, or gay over analyzing. I told you I wasn't very creative.

"Ok...I'm fine...everything's cool." I took a deep breath before catching up with Melissa and John. She slid her fingers into my mine and I flinched slightly. She's your girlfriend, this is what couples do. Relax.

"You see? Everything's fine. No one even notices." She said while jestering towards the kids around us. Everyone was caught up in their own conversations and not paying an ounce of attention to us.

John laughed, "I told you! You were freaking out over nothing. Everyone is too self-absorbed to even notice you guys! Can't say I'm surprised."

Melissa started to lead us over to a small group of her cheerleader friends and I was ready to dip.

"Yeah my class is on the other side of campus so I'm gonna get going." I said trying to pull away from her.