22.

Remember to read the note at the bottom! Enjoy!

~~~~~
You know what? Being someone's girlfriend is harder than it looks. Especially when it's your first time. And it's not hard being loyal, it's hard learning to open up to your partner. I'm not a very touchy person in general, so everytime Melissa leans in for a hug or a kiss, I catch myself leaning back. And then a second later my brain goes, you idiot that's your girlfriend!

In the past, everytime I saw cute lesbian couples on Tumblr it made me happy and sad at the same time. Part of me was like, "Wow that's so cute, good for them." But the other part of me felt like I'd never have that. That I'd never have a gay happily ever after.

But it hit me like a truck on Thanksgiving Day. Melissa basically came out on Snapchat the other day. When I first came out, it was a total shit show. People really didn't understand or know me at all which gave them plenty of room to judge. So about two hours before Thanksgiving dinner started, I pulled her into another room.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked looking confused.

I fiddled with my hands, "You remember that picture you posted of us on your Snapchat story?"

Her brows furrowed, "Yeah...what about it?"

"I forgot to ask but...did uh...did anyone give you crap about it?" I asked in a soft voice.

"Awe Ren." She pulled me into a tight hug and I inhaled the comforting smell of her. It seems like people you're attracted to always smell the best. "Nobody said anything bad about it. In fact, a lot of people were congratulating me."

"Really?" I was shocked. People's reaction to her coming out was so much better than mine and I was glad.

She laughed, "Ren sometimes I think you forget that we live in Southern California, everyone's a little gay here." I sighed feeling a huge wave a relief wash over me.

"But what about the cheer team? Won't they be weirded out?" I asked genuinely concerned.

She kissed my cheek, "Gosh you're so ignorant Ren. I'm not the only gay cheerleader on the team. And besides, most them we're just threatening to hurt you if you break my heart. So don't do that."

I laughed, "I promise I won't."

"Good cause I'd kill you." She leaned back and pulled me into a kiss. I sighed, remembering how good it felt to kiss her. I felt her tongue sneak its way into my mouth and glide across mine. A moan clawed at the back of my throat, I liked it when she got bold.

Just then the door bust open, "Guys the- AHH!" John screamed while covering his eyes. We hadn't kissed in front of him yet so this was a first. He huffed, "I told you I was gonna be a cockblock! I'm gonna go call Jackie and wish her a Happy Thanksgiving." After he left the room Melissa and I started laughing.

My whole family was over for Thangiving dinner this year but it wasn't a party. It was just my grandparents, mom, aunt, my mom's two cousins, and their husbands. My aunt, Grace, was also gay so when I came out during Thanksgiving dinner last year, she basically threw a party of her own. She also tried to get me to download the HER app but I'm way to awkward for that. I'm so bad at flirting, I figure I'd download the app after high school.

John absolutely loved Aunt Grace. They were the life of the party every time they got together. "Grace! Ren got a girlfriend!" John yelled the second she walked in the door.

"Where? Where is she?" Grace said while rushing into the living room. Melissa and I were just casually chilling on the couch when Aunt Grace rushed over and set next to Mel.