Goodbye

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

------------------------

Hermione put the last of what she would need on the Horcrux Hunt into the beaded handbag she had placed the Undetectable Extension Charm on. She looked around the now bare room one last time before pulling the bag onto her shoulder and picking up Leon. She walked down the stairs to see her parents in front of the TV watching a documentary about Kangaroos.

"Hermione, dear, you really aught to see this. It's rather fascinating." James said, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Give me a sec, Dad... I just need to do something." Hermione's eyes started to tear up as she raised her wand at her unsuspecting parents. "Velamen Essentia." She whispered, as she pictured the lives of Wendell and Monica Wilkins. The two seemed to freeze in time for a few seconds, allowing Hermione to make her way to the front door but she didn't leave until she heard her mother speak.

"Wendell, I've been meaning to bring this up for some time, I want to move to Australia. There's nothing keeping us in the UK and I want something in our lives to change."

Hermione closed her eyes and took a deep breath before quietly opening the door and leaving her house for who knows how long. Once out of the house but still hidden from public eyes, Hermione apparated to an alley on the opposite side of London. Leon let out a wail, he really didn't enjoy the feeling of being sucked into a tube.

"Shhhh, baby. It's alright." Hermione tried to comfort him, succeeding as he started to sniffle and whimper instead. She walked out of the alley and towards her destination about a 10 minute walk away, the walking necessary as she didn't want anyone to be able to trace her steps. She stopped when she had arrived at a beautiful white house with a dark wooden front door. She took a breath before she opened the elegant black gate and walked up the path that led through gorgeous flowerbeds. Hermione only had to wait about a minute after knocking before the door opened.

"Hermione!" Jax flung herself at Hermione, not noticing the baby in her arms, consequently causing him to squawk in terror. Jax jumped back and her eyes widened at the presence of the boy. "What is that?" She asked in shock.

"Can we do this inside?"

"Of course." Jax stepped aside, allowing Hermione to walk past, before closing the door and following Hermione up to Jax's room. "So who is this?"

"This is Leon, he's my secret."

"You were pregnant?" Hermione nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't tell anybody... The timing was awful, and his father and I have never been on friendly terms."

"So how did you two sire a child?"

"He was there and we both needed a distraction."

Jax nodded, sort of understanding. "So why are you here? I feel like this more than just wanting to be in my awesome presence."

Hermione pinched her lips together and gulped, her eyes darting around the room nervously before she willed up some Gryffindor courage. "I need you to look after him." Hermione's voice cracked.

"What?" Jax looked at her, very confused.

"There are some bad people after me." Hermione started fidgeting with Leon's hair. "Really bad people. It has to do with my school and- and my world... If they found him, they would kill him. It's why I didn't tell anyone about him, no one knows of his existence apart from you and me." Hermione admitted.

"What about your parents?" Jax paused. "Hang on, why can't I remember your parents? Do you have them? Did you have parents? All I see when I think about you with parents is a white sort of fog. And what did you mean by 'my world'?"