It's Finally Over

J.K.Rowling owns everything! She is the wonderful creator of the magical Wizarding World and all characters that live in that amazing community, and all rights go to her. I just added a few original characters to this story and changed it ever so slightly.

Warning! There's a reference to rape in this chapter.

-----------------------------------

Hermione and Ron watched from just in front of the gargoyle who guarded the Headmaster's office as Harry started to make his way to the Gryffindor Tower muttering to himself about sleep and Kreacher bringing him a sandwich. When he was out of their sight the two of them made their way back to the Great Hall, knowing that he would want to be alone for a bit and would rather go to sleep than stay up chatting. Hermione was very grateful of the silence that fell between the two of them, she felt like she hadn't had a proper moment of silence in a very long time and that was mentally exhausting – she thought for a brief minute that maybe she should go up to the girls dormitories and sleep as well. When they reached the Great Hall Ron looked sadly towards his family, thoughts of Fred obviously filling his mind and conflicting with his idea that maybe Hermione wanted him.

"Go Ron, your family needs you." She nodded her head towards his family after catching a glimpse of conflicting emotions flash across his face.

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine, I'm going to see if I can help Madam Pomfrey with anything." She smiled at him, hoping that he'd see she was fine. He gave her a dubious look before nodding and heading off to his family. Hermione looked around the room for the Mediwitch before spotting her only a few metres away attending to a very shaken up looking Parvati Patil. "Madam Pomfrey?"

Madam Pomfrey looked up looking a bit flustered, a bit of relief flashed through her eyes when she saw the muggleborn girl standing next to her. "Ah Hermione my dear, are you alright?" A brief flicker of concern crossed her face.

"I'm fine." Hermione reassured her. "I was actually wondering if there's anything I can do to help you. Do you need me to do anything?"

Madam Pomfrey smiled, "Yes my dear, there is actually something," She glanced at the girl she was currently attending to. Parvati had a few cuts on her face and a gash that ran along her neck and down her left arm, she also seemed to have a rather large bruise around her neck and two very blue ones on each wrist. "Miss Patil, would you mind if Hermione took over?"

Parvati looked at Hermione and gave her a small smile. "Sure." Hermione was handed the bandages and various balms and potions Madam Promfrey had been using.

"How are you holding up, Parvati?" Hermione asked as she started applying a balm to one of her wrists.

"I'm-" Her eyes started to slowly fill with tears, "I'm numb but I know I'm in pain, I think it may be waiting to catch up with me; hit me hardest and destroy me when I think I may actually be alright." She gasped for breath a little bit before sniffling. "Thank you... for trying to help Lavender, I know she was pretty awful to you last year and that you kind of always just tolerated her."

"I'm sorry I was too late." Hermione whispered in response.

"It wasn't your fault." Neither of them spoke after that for a bit. After Hermione had tended to the large gash and the cuts on Parvati's face, she started on the large bruise on her neck.

"What happened here?" She asked quietly.

Parvati's face darkened and her bottom lip began to tremble. "The trouble with having the Carrow's as teachers at the school is that they hate Gryffindors, they'd do anything to humiliate and degrade them. A few days ago Amycus Carrow, he- I stood up to him for abusing some third years," She shuddered and paused, "H-he didn't ta-take too kindly to it and shot Pet-Pertri-Petrificus Totalus at me before hav-having his way with me." Tears were flowing freely from her cheeks. "He was r-rather rough about it."