Hello Sweetie

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

-----------------------

On the 11th of July, all Hermione could feel was pain. All Hermione could think was Fucking Ferret.

This went on for 19 hours 59 minutes. When the Doctor ordered her to 'Push' one more time, Hermione was sure she'd been in labour for 32 days. However, she knew it was worth it the moment she heard a baby's cries and when she felt a sudden relief. Hermione's body seemed to celebrate the fact that she was no longer carrying another human being.

"Congratulations, Hermione you've jus-" Doctor Rory Pond spoke, before Hermione lifted her very sweaty head and interrupted.

"Let me see him." Hermione croaked.

"But we need to cl-"

"I want to see my son, regardless of whether he's covered in blood or not. Now let me hold him." Hermione ordered, still managing to sound rather commanding despite her feeble state. Moira and the Doctor shared a surprised look, no one had said what gender the baby was. Hermione looked at Doctor Pond with a particularly scary glare, until he handed her the baby, who was only really half wrapped in a blanket. Hermione slowly swaddled the baby herself, having next to no energy. "Hello." She whispered quietly to the baby boy in her arms, the boy opened his big silver eyes at Hermione's voice and stared into her chocolate ones. She played with the tuft of wavy blonde hair on his head as she smiled. "Hello Leon." Leon opened his mouth to show her a gummy smile and giggled slightly. Hermione grinned. "You like 'Leon' don't you, my little lion?" He giggled again.

The door swung open. "I heard the screaming stop. Is everything alright?" James stormed in, his eyes wide open in panic. James's eyes fell on Hermione and her son. "Oh my..." He walked towards his daughter, Moira trailing behind him as she held his hand.

"He's gorgeous, Hermione." Moira said, she held out her other hand. Leon grabbed onto it and started playing with her fingers, his eyes shining with wonder as he did so. "Hello Sweetie."

"He's so... blonde." James blurted out in his dazed state. Hermione and Moira looked at him questioningly. "I hope blonde stereotypes don't apply to him." He whispered, not noticing the looks. "He'll be just like his mummy." His hand went forward to touch the baby. "His mummy... Hermione. My daughter... baby." James bolted upright. "I'm a grandfather." He announced. He stood up. "I'm a grandfather." He started laughing and giving everyone in the room a hug. "I'm a grandfather!" He opened the door into the corridor and shouted, "I'm a grandfather!" He closed the door again and looked at Hermione. "He's so perfect..." Hermione smiled. "I'm a grandfather... at 47." One of his eyebrows rose. "Hermione, couldn't you have waited another 12 years?"

Hermione and Moira blinked before they both burst out laughing. Soon after they'd calmed down, Hermione's and Leon's eyes drooped before they both started snoring softly. Moira sighed softly, the picture of Hermione sleeping with her baby snoozing in her arms was one of complete bliss, something that brought happy tears to her eyes. One of the nurses picked up the sleeping Leon and started to clean him and check his vitals.

------------------------

A few days later, Hermione welcomed Leon Étienne Lucien Granger to his new home. She'd spent the last few days in the hospital recovering whilst the nurses made sure that Leon was healthy. She had signed his birth certificate just before she'd left, admitting that Draco Malfoy was the father, she still had to tell her parents that specific detail. And she was sure they would not be happy given all the stories she'd told them about him.

She was currently sitting in the living room with her parents, drinking tea whilst Leon was sleeping in Hermione's old baby rocker. Moira cleared her throat.

"Hermione, dear, are you going to tell us who the father is?" She asked.

Hermione gulped. "Please don't get mad..." She started slowly. "But you remember the stories I told about Draco Malfoy-"

"Hermione!" Moira scolded.

"That git?!" James exclaimed. "The one whose always going off about muddy blood and whose father practically dueled Arthur Weasley because he was talking to us whilst we were shopping in Diagon Alley before your second year?" He asked. Hermione nodded. "Hermione!"

"I know! It was a bad idea and a very big mistake." Hermione put her hands up in defense. "But I was so mad at Ron, and we were both so overruled by our angry emotions and we both needed distractions from our lives. We weren't thinking clearly!" She paused. "But I got Leon, so I don't think it was that much of a mistake, despite the horrible timing." She mumbled the last bit to herself. Her parents didn't need to know about the looming war.

"And Leon's an angel." Moira said. "But Hermione, that wasn't the smartest thing to do while you were angry. You should have just gone up to your dorm room and stayed there."

"I would have but if I had been anywhere near Lavender that night, she may not have woken up." Moira and James shot their daughter an unimpressed look. "I was very upset with her. You would have understood if you had been in my position."

"Oh really?" Moira asked.

"Yes." Hermione pouted. Fortunately for Hermione, Leon chose that moment to wake up and demand a feeding. "Ah, saved by Leon." She grinned as she stood up and picked up her fussing baby. "Now if you'll excuse me, someone's rather hungry." She said before she walked out the door towards the kitchen. "Your a very good boy, Leon, you know that? You saved Mummy from Granny and Grandpa, they're not too happy with me at the moment." Leon smiled his gummy smile and giggled, before nuzzling into Hermione's shoulder. "I love you, my baby boy." Hermione smiled into his blonde hair.

-----------------------

Another chapter! And Hermione's baby has been welcomed into the world!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Vote and Comment!