Distraction

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

----------------------------

Hermione stormed round the corner away from the others. That's all she cared about. Getting as far away from Ron and Lavender as possible. Her eyes started to tear up again but she furiously wiped them away before the tears could fall.

"I don't want to cry over that prat." She muttered to herself. "He doesn't deserve that much attention from me. Does he thank me at all for anything I've done for him? No! Does he apologise when he is obviously in the wrong? No!" She continued to ramble bitterly. "No, he doesn't deserve my tears. I will not cry over him." She tells herself, rather determined.

She continued storming around the school without any real direction, turning round corners, going up and down stairs almost blindly. Thankfully, she had not come across anybody in the corridors, they all seemed to be in their common rooms, but she still had to watch out for the patrolling prefects - which she was not as it wasn't her shift. Getting caught raging around the school after hours whilst seething would not be a good idea, she didn't know if she'd break down into tears, curse the person or simply walk away. She didn't trust herself at the moment, and she wouldn't for the next few hours as she found the ever growing anger at Ron decreased the logic in her mind dramatically.

She turned a corner and found herself staring at the Fat Lady, keeper of the Gryffindor portrait hole. She screwed up her nose. "Nope." She said to herself, turning around and heading in the opposite direction. "No way. I'm not ready to go back to the dorm and last the night without killing Lavender." She chuckled slightly as she continued walking aimlessly. "Heck, they'd never be able to tell it as me if I used a pillow, they'd just assumed she stopped breathing. Using magic would be stupid, all they'd have to do is cast Priori Incantatem."

She rounded another corner, one that led to the Room of Requirement, but crashed into something and landed on the ground. "Ugh." She growled at the pain that vibrated through her body from the impact with the hard stone floors that Hogwarts was made up of. She snapped her head up when she heard someone else growl and found Draco Malfoy rubbing his joints, trying to get rid of the pain. "Ferret." She growled at him, standing up and ignoring her protesting body.

His head snapped up, momentarily shocked before he stood up and narrowed his eyes at her. "Beaver." He snarled. "What do you think you're doing roaming the school after hours?"

"Preventing a murder." She snapped at him. Draco's eyes widened in panic, but he collected himself rather quickly, not giving anything away. She continued to glare at him. "What do you think you're doing roaming the corridors after hours?" She asked him, still growling.

"Minding my own business." He retorted quickly.

Hermione smirked, causing Draco to raise an eyebrow. "Unable to complete the Dark Lord's task then?" She sneered.

Draco whipped out his wand and pressed her against the wall. "Shut it, Granger."

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I said shut it."

Hermione didn't back down or feel like she needed to crawl up into a corner and hide, which is what most people would have done at the look of fury on Draco's face. She continued to glare at him, delighting at the fact that she had found someone to take her anger for Ron out on. No one would care what she did to him, it was Malfoy. The perfect scapegoat. "What are you going to do to make me?" She spat. "Make sure you're father hears about it? Oh, wait... that doesn't work anymore because he's in Azkaban."

"Granger." Malfoy warned.

"Run to your dear master?" Hermione taunted. "Yes. That is going to scare me sooooooo much. It's not as if you could increase my position on his wanted list, I bet I'm right up there with Harry."

"What is your problem, Beaver!?" Draco growled.

"You are."

"No. I'm not." Draco snarled. "You're pissed at someone else and are trying to take it out on me."

"Like you're not doing the same?"

"I haven't done anything to you yet!"

"You're holding a wand to my neck and have me held against a wall." She stated.

"Like you didn't do that in third year?" Hermione stuck out her tongue at him. He rolled his eyes. "So bloody immature."

"Because you're not? And don't say bloody, you sound like a Weasley and the next thing you know you'll be worse off than the Weasel."

"So that's who you're pissed at." Draco mused. "He finally snog Brown? Merlin, did you not see that coming from a mile away? He's been ogling her for ages."

Hermione glared at him and tried to turn this back on him. "The threat of death doesn't suit you well. Your taunts don't hit nearly as much. Is it because your precious lord is going to kill you if you don't finish whatever despicable task he has set for you?"

Draco pushed his wand into the skin of her neck and tried to crush her a bit more against the wall. "What do you know about that?" He snarled.

Hermione sneered at him. "Nothing much. Only that you're failing."

"Who said I was failing?" His lip curled up.

"Your hairs a mess, your eyes are blood shot and you have bags around them. You didn't play Quidditch today because you were sick. You obviously haven't succeeded because if you had you wouldn't be so damn irritated."

"Maybe I'm just irritated when I'm around you." Draco gritted through his teeth.

"Or maybe you're trying to distract yourself by being irritated at me!" Hermione responded, her voice rising.

"It's not like I was doing anything you weren't doing! You're taking your anger for the Weasel out on me!" Draco started shouting.

"Well, I guess we both need distractions!" Hermione shouted back. 

She glared at him, his face mere millimetres away. Before either of them could come to their senses or actually engage their brains, their lips crashed into the other, meeting each other in the middle so neither could tell who leaned in first. They quickly deepened the kiss, both of them fighting for dominance after Draco bit on Hermione's lips.

When they stopped to breathe, Draco leant on Hermione's forehead. "I can think of something much more distracting that we can do." He gasped.

"I need all the distractions I can get." Hermione replied, just as short of breath as he was.

Draco captured her lips with his again and lifted her up so she had to wrap her legs around his waist. They didn't tear apart, even as Draco started to walk the few metres towards the entrance of the Room of Requirement. He had walked to that room so many times before, he could have done it in his sleep. He leant his back against the door when it appeared and pushed it open. Neither of them payed any attention to the room around them as they focused on ripping each others' clothes off and distracting themselves from their problems by lowering themselves onto the large bed that was conveniently placed in the room.

---------------------

So yeah... that happened. Tell me what you thought!

Anyone else think that Snape looks like Igor Karkaroff in this comic strip?