Part 12

It took a while for Elena to wake up. Klaus was looking at her half shocked, half satisfied, almost unable to believe that it had really worked out. He wasn't used to losing, but somehow he had been eaten from the inside by the annoying fear that Elena wouldn't let him make her a vampire. But the story had a happy end. He achieved another victory. And that especially was the reason he was so excited.
At last, Elena opened her eyes and she sat up with an abrupt breath. She blinked a few times, because suddenly all colours were much sharper. She noticed her classmate, still sitting on the chair, all terrified, probably compelled to stay quiet and motionless.
'How are you feeling, Elena?' asked Klaus.
'As if I had been run over,' she answered honestly.
'I really did try to be gentle,' Klaus defended himself.
'I guess that death can never be gentle,' remarked Elena blandly and with Klaus' help she stood up. She could feel a mixture of great power and awful weakness. She found herself on the border between death and immortality. She had no other choice than to finish the transformation, unless she preferred to die.
'You have to feed,' Klaus announced what was obvious.
'I know how it works,' growled Elena.
'And you already know what it feels like,' added Klaus. That was a fact. Elena could smell the amazing smell of blood. It was better than any human food in the world. It drew her closer like a magnet.
Klaus laid his hand on her cheek and in a quiet, peaceable voice he said: 'So do it, Elena.'
Elena was breathing deeply, she still hesitated a little, but her thirst won soon and she ran to her classmate and drank from his bitten throat. The taste was divine. She bit his neck even deeper. 'Please, tell me when to stop,' she asked Klaus. 'I don't want to kill him.'
'Just have some more.' A wide, pleased smile appeared on Klaus' face. It was going GREAT.