Prologue

"Run, Darcy!" My dad shouts as I watch the two men attack him. "Get out of here!"

Tears are streaming down my face as I grab my siblings and run as fast as I can towards the woods.

"C'mon, Mason!" I cry, pulling him more but he just stumbles and falls to the ground.

I turn around and try to pick him up, but it's no use, I'm trembling too hard from crying.

"Darcy?" Maddy's voice comes through my ears as I sit on the ground, crying.

I turn my body towards her, reaching out for her.

"Maddy, promise me you'll never go back there!" I cry, grabbing ahold of her shoulder.

"Darcy, I promise!" She cries, engulfing me in a hug.

"Get them!" Shouts come from behind and I stand to my feet, running again with Maddy and Mason quickly on my feet.

"Darcy, they're catching up!" Maddy cries, slowing down.

"No, don't slow down, Maddy!" I cry. "We can outrun them!"

"Get the boy!" The one shouts and I feel Mason get ripped out of my hand.

"Mason!" I left out a blood curdling scream, turning around to glare at them.

The 3 men stand there, smirks on their face, as Mason lays in one of their arms, squirming.

"Let him go!" Maddy cries.

"Let him go!" I repeat, tears streaming down my face as I stand there.

"What're you going to do?" One chuckles, walking towards me and grabbing onto my forearm tightly, causing me to wince.

"Darcy!" Maddy cries, her hands bawled into fists, hitting the guy to make him let go, but she just ends up getting slapped, thrown onto the ground by the man.

"Maddy!" I shriek, kicking the guy in the crotch, making him stumbles backwards, letting me go.

"You, bitch!" He yells, coming after me again.

I panic for a second before my foot swings up and kicks him in his face, making him stumble backwards once more. Then the second guy comes after me.

My fist comes up, breaking his nose as it collides with his face.

"Little girl, why do you have to be such a fucking bitch?" The first guy growls, now standing next to his little team of men.

Anger flows through me as I look down at my knuckles. They're bleeding.

"Darcy, c'mon!" Maddy shouts, getting to her feet and starting to run.

When I turn back around to look at the guys, Louis is there, having the one on the ground. Then I look a bit farther and see Liam.

I slow down my pace, my instincts telling me to go back, to help them. But when I turn around and charge for one of the guys, Louis has thrown himself on top of the man, both of them falling to the ground.

"Darcy, go!" Liam shouts from the other side of the yard, throwing Mason in my direction.

I grab his arm, running, after I take one last glance back to the guys.

"I'm sorry." I cry out to them, but I don't think they've heard me at all, so I just keep running until we get to a road. Mason and Maddy are both in track and cross country in school, so they're real good at running. But I start to lose my breath, and end up having to slow down. Then we are all walking, but just for a little bit while I think and catch my breath.

A car speeds up to us and stops as I stand there, worried that this is the end. A door opens.

"Darcy Styles?" A girl asks.

"Why?" I spit rather harshly, wondering how this woman knows my exact coordinates.

"Come with us." She says and before I have time to object, 3 men come out and grab us, putting us in the car.

"Who are you?" I demand, struggling in the grip of the guy.

"My name is Lily. I work with your father. I need to discuss some things with you." She says.

"What?" I ask, in disbelief.

"It's important." She says. "You're in grave danger, along with your siblings as well."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" I ask, feeling the pain in my knuckles, how they probably started bleeding again.

"Darcy, when you were a baby, your mother and father have set up an account. We are kind of like the people who erase people and give them a new life, the witness protection program, almost. But your father, he was famous. He told us that if you were ever in any danger, that we needed to protect you." She explains.

"Like how?" I ask. "I think I know how to protect myself and my siblings."

"Darcy, back there. What you just witnessed." She says. "If even one guy gets ahold of you, it'll be 10 times worse. Your dad put you in boxing to prepare you for this. All those sports he aloud you to do, he wanted you to keep your strength. Darcy, I know this sounds complicated, but you have to trust us."

"Okay," I whisper. "Fine. Now what do we do?"