Chapter 2- Part 2 of 4 - What's mine is mine, what's yours is MINE!

This Chapter goes to Kennymac31 she literally twisted my arm for it lol but she deserves it my rival since introducing me to this site. She my homie and I appreciate her insight and opinion plus she has a great book you should all check out

____________________________________________________________

                         The image just kept playing over and over in his mind. She was pressed against him on the floor, the thought made his blood boil. How....why? it didn’t matter. Ryder wished he had never gone back for his lacrosse stick as he walked through the darkness alongside the hooded assailant. 

That night, after he had viewed the horrific coupling of his best friend and his dream girl he wandered the streets for a bit, trying to clear his head when he heard a voice.              

              “Ryder” the female voice was pure and serene as it called his name.“He’s stolen what’s yours. He always seems to have better luck than you do, doesn't he?”

              “Who are you and what do you want?!” Ryder spun around trying to find the voice

              “I want to make you happy… I can give you power to take back what is rightfully yours. Lance has gotten too cocky and now he's decided he wants it all. In your current state you could never hold your own against him”

Ryder after attempting to locate the origin of the voice tried to ignore it and ran down the side walk.

          “Leave me alone!”

          “Ryder you can’t run from your own feelings,” the voice lured as Ryder increased his pace. “Don’t you wish to be with her?”  Ryder stopped in his tracks as the images played in his mind again then something snapped deep within his psyche as he inhaled a green mist. He dropped his clenched fists and began to listen to the voice that began to lure him into the darkness. 

        Ryder slowly opened his eyes, he was day dreaming, well not day dreaming more like a nightmare. He rose to his feet and walked towards what seemed to be the entrance to a cave.

               “Where are you going Ryder?”  the voice questioned

                “I’m going to school” he said, a smirk emerged on his face as he looked to the sunrise.

                “Ha.. I see, go ahead have your fun” 

*

        Lance hobbled up the steps of Alexander High. He could feel the throbbing of his sore ribs and his sprained ankle with every step, but nothing hurt more than his pride and the deep confusion. He was lost. He thought about what had happened just a few days ago, images of being trumped and left, a heap on the field.     

           “Yo Lance”…Jason waved as Lanced arrived at the top of the first flight of stairs Jason’s voice breaking him from his zoned state.

              “Oh God!!!!” Lance exclaimed. How would he make it to his classes on the third and second floor if he had so much trouble getting up the entrance stairs, he thought to himself.

                “That bad huh?”

                “Yea…” Lance groaned.

        They were soon interrupted by the school bell, it was time for class. In that moment Jason had run off to his Math class leaving Lance in the pathway of Jason’s fellow classmates and other students who surged up the stairs pushing and tossing Lance as if he was in a mosh-pit. Every touch sent pain through his body as he was bounced around and left lifeless on the floor twitching in pain. He laid on the ground for a few minutes waiting for the pain to subside before attempting to get up, when he finally willed himself to an upright position he realized he was being watched by Ryder. He stood a few feet away down the corridor Lance had just been pushed back into by the crowd. Lance quickly jumped to his feet despite the pain, too quickly however as he felt a sharp pain in his left rib.