Chapter 3- Part 1 of 4 - Slow and steady wins the race

This chapter is dedicated to Raeli_ Rain, she had given me some really awesome music when i was writing this chapter and it really got me going so for that I thank you hope you like it = )

____________________________________________________________

        Ryder had escaped from Lance and taken refuge in the forest on the island, but he was now an outcast to both Lance and friends as well as to the Seven Deadly Sins. Luckily he was somehow still able to tap into the powers bestowed on him by Levitian and had escaped into the other realm in his panic. There he managed to make a sling for his dislocated arm. After some time he began to walk the sand dunes that stretched as far as the eye could see. He was in an unfamiliar place, injured and had no one to call upon for help. He laughed to himself at his predicament feeling both rage and regret as he cursed at the dark cloud over head. 

While he suffered on the outskirts of the Gate, the Sins were plotting their next attack from the dark castle.

             “You’ve failed just as Lucifer did, Levitian,” grumbled Amon.

             “She did put on a pretty good show” Mammon retorted.

 Levitian walked down a few steps then sped across to Amon, looking up at him, her gaze unyielding to his. He looked down and chuckled.

          “You want to face me dear sister? You must have lost your mind. he smirked.

         The Grudge-full One v.s The Vengeful One, as much as I’d love to watch you two go at it for sport let’s not wake Belphegor. Lucifer warned as she stared at her reflection in her gauntlets from the head of the table.

         “I don’t need any lectures from the likes of you, you bag of hot air!” Levitian prodded at Amon’s chest disregarding Lucifer’s warning.

         “Listen runt!” he snapped.

          “Leave her alone Amon.” Deis interjected "Are you okay Levi?" she asked as she began hugging and pampering Levitian with her motherly behavior. Levitian, after being away for so long welcomed the affection and concern.  True to nature Deis’s affection quickly went from casual to intimate. She snuggled and caressed her sister sin and kissed her face gently as she held her tighter in her grip.

           “Oh shit, Deis get off me! get off!!” Levitian screamed as Deis began to hold her down. Her squeals and cries for help were over powered however by a deep heavy growl that shook the entire cavern.

Belphegor had woken up.

         As he raised his head from the table he blinked, his gray eyes, glossed over with drowsiness while adjusting to the light. He yawned and stretched then leaned back causing his pale, almost silver, blond hair to fall behind his chair. Lucifer shook her head and shifted her weight between arms as she looked around the table.

       “So Levitian, you played your part and I thank you for your contribution” Lucifer nodded towards her. Levitian smiled then made faces at Amon. The others seemed completely confused about Lucifer’s gratitude for Levitian’s failure. “Let me explain,” she cleared her throat. “For some reason Cain has no memory of us.  He’s completely unaware of the trials and the rites that we have been bound to follow.” Murmurs began to circulate around the table.

              “He’s so inexperienced, the centuries have truly been unkind to the humans” Mammon chuckled as she played with her daggers.

              “Indeed, they reek of sin and I love it!” Beelzebub added as he sniffed the air…his eyes startled at the familiar scent. “Wait!!! You failed to mention…”