Silent Night: Chapter 8

hey guys i finally uploaded a chapter haha i hope you guys like it and i would like some comment and vote so i know that you guys enjoy me story thanks. a picture of Zach on the right

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How on earth could this day get any worse? First off I over slept  and missed my date-er I  mean hanging out with Zach and now I had to see the one person on this planet that I despise with all my heart, who just so happen to be  working here tonight. Lazily I drag my feet all the way to the podium where Annie is standing also earning some dissatisfied glances from the people around us. While Zach talks to her about our seating arrangement, I move my eyes all around the restaurant taking in at how beautiful they made the decorations look. My eyes land on the bar, furrowing my eyebrows I start to question why the bar was installed in a family environment, didn't the grown-up have enough bars as it is. Isn't this a family restaurant? Are they even allowed to have bars here? Looking past the bar I see a mother with what appears to be a little boy around the age of two, playing peek-ah-boo, I smile at that gesture because my mother use to play that game with me all the time when I was little,  I cherish those moment I had with her because with those moments I still have a little piece of my mother with me not to mention that I always wear her gold and diamond heart shaped locket around my neck, which I don't ever dare take it off.

"Are you ready?" Zach asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"Er-yeah I'm ready?" I replied putting on of my best smiles. 

"Alright then, if you would follow me, I'll show you to your seats," Annie suggested. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as we followed her to our seats. We passed by a couple who seemed like they were having a great time. I watched them as they looked lovingly into each other’s eyes. It kind of made you wonder if you would also be able to find that special someone...somewhere....if that kind of person actually existed. We arrived at our table and I see that she has picked one of the corner seats that are beside the windows which are ok with me. I really don't mind where we sit. We take our seat and she gives us our menus and asks us what we would want for drinks.

"I'll have a diet coke," I said giving her my signature smile. She narrows her eyes at me, flashing me a fake smile. She then turns to Zach, giving him a flirty look, which in turn makes me what to slap her in the face.

"Umm I'll have a grasshopper," he said with pride giving her an award winning grin. I shake my head and smile at his childishness , she smiles back at him sweetly earning a gagging noise from my way, throwing a frown in my direction she writes down our drinks,

"I'll be back to take your order," she said closing her pad and she walks over to another table to take their order. I look over my menu looking at all the things that I could get but my mind is already made up on what I want. Now I just got to find out what Zach is going to order, I fold my menu back up and place it gently down on the table.

Looking up at Zach, "So what are you going to get?" I ask with curiosity.  

"I think I'll have a steak and grilled Atlantic salmon with a bake potato," he said slowly like he was unsure about his decision. "What about you?"

"The Wild West burger with fries, of course," I said with ease, "but, um are you sure you want that?" wrinkling my nose.

"Want what the steak and grilled Atlantic salmon? Yes silly why else would I say I wanted that," he replied furrowing his eyebrows "Why? Did I sound unsure or something?"

"No!" I said a little too quickly "It's just that you've always hated fish mostly salmon." 

"Ha ha yeah but I've changed and truthfully I've come to like the taste of fish," he said putting his menu on the table beside while placing his hands over top of mine, " You know I'm worried about Candy to, I'm sorry for bring this up at a time like this but, did you find out if they had any leads on what happened to her?" glancing away as if he couldn't bear to look at me. I shrugged the feeling of pain that welled up inside of me. Knowing that if I uttered even one word of her disappearance then I know I'll have a meltdown. Even talking about my best friend was a subject for me to cry. I still can't handle the fact that she's gone. I've tried everything in my power to help the police search for her, but all they could say was we are trying our best and that we don't need to stress about the situation. But as far as I'm concerned they haven't done anything and it’s about time that someone has. 

And that certain person is me and I know what you’re thinking how would I be able to perform that task without the necessary skills and resources. Well I’ve been watching a lot of CSI shows a lot lately so I think that I got the jest of it down pat. I already decided that ill have Zach help me with my plan but I'm kind of reluctant on if he will comply or not. You see Zach is the type of person to stay out of peoples business and out of trouble so it’s going to take a lot of sucking up to convince him to help me out.

"So have you guys deiced on what you wanted?" Annie asked with a smile. 

"Yeah sure I'll have the steak with Atlantic salmon and Liz here will have the Wild West burger with fries."

"Great I'll bring you guys your food," Annie informed us before walked back to the kitchen to place our orders.

"So what’s on your mind?" Zach asked suddenly. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, his question totally caught me of guard.

"Well you have a certain look on your face when you are in a really deep thought, so I decided to ask what was on your mind."

"Oh um well its uh-nothing," I stuttered.

"Oh really, come on Liz you can tell me anything, is it about Annie?" he said raising his eyebrow.

"What!? No no um it’s about Candy" I said quickly ducking  my head.

"What about her?"

"Thatifyouwouldhelpmefindher."

"Huh what?"

I slowly let out a breath of air that I’ve been holding in, "that if you would help me find her."

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: sorry for the chapter being so short and kinda boring..but hey i uploaded it :) yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I WOULD REALLY LOVE FOR YOU GUYS TO COMMENT AND VOTE..PRETTY PLEASE..OH IM THINKING ABOUT A NEW STORY SO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK..AND OH IF YOU GUYS CAN SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT MY STORY THEN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

 (edited Ore2395) :)