Chapter Forty-Nine: We're About To Make Loud Love.

Dedicated to @pacianna for the cover at the top! Thank you💌

Does anyone watch SKAM? I just finished watching and I love Isak and Even and Noora and William omg I'm shook.

Chapter Forty-Nine: "We're About To Make Loud Love."

"I TALKED TO HER." Zen said to me. We were sitting in the hallway during fourth. The both of us had a spare and even though I should be in one of the dance studios right now, I had decided after talking to Mrs. Yousiff to work on my Chemistry instead. Zen just so happened to not go home and stay because he had to work on the controls for another play.

I put my pencil down. Now this caught my attention. I wasn't even sure if the two had spoken all March break while I was up in Toronto. "So, um, what happened?"

"Her parents got involved," Zen said. "Police too but she's not talking about it. She just said that."

Zen cleared his throat, "He ended things with her." 

Oh. Relief filled me even further. Even thinking about Mr. Stiles right now made me queasy and honestly, I was just glad that authorities and parents were getting involved in this. 

"Okay." 

"It's affecting her a lot and she probably won't bring it up," He told me. "We talked about it for a bit. And she told me that she's still not sure if she wants to speak to me. And I ended up--I don't know, I told her. I told her I loved her." Zen admitted.

I waited for him to say something else but he didn't. He continued staring at the ground and played with his lip ring. I bit my lip, wondering if I should ask question since I knew he wasn't going to just spill the whole story. "What was her response?"

"Well, she was shocked. Like very shocked. She didn't expect it."

"That's the definition of shock Zen; not expecting it."

Zen gave me cut eye and I held down the laugh that was making its way out of my mouth. "Shut up."

"Never."

"Anyway," He drawled out, taking my pencil and throwing it on the other side of the hallway. I stared at my pencil as it flew in the air and landed near the lockers as he continued speaking, "I just wanted to tell her. Wrong timing, to be honest, but I ended up doing it. I just...I hope one day she can understand." 

Me too. 

"She said we're okay because of our history. But that it's going to take her time to talk to me again." 

"She will," I promised him, hoping. 

He nodded, "Now, how was your break?" He clapped his hands, giving me the signal that his conversation was over. "You didn't tell me what you did in Toronto."

"I had time with my family up there. I got see some old friends but mostly stayed at my aunt's house."

"What about that Timothy guy? Did you see him or talk to him especially after how he treated Lucas and everything?"

I shook my head. "Nope and I'm kind of happy about that."

Zen hesitated before asking the next question, "What about, um, your dad?"

"That's kind of the reason why we went to Toronto in the first place. They are officially divorced. Signed papers and everything."

"Wow."

"Yep, I had a feeling that my mom probably signed the papers with a bi smiley face by her signature."

"Seriously?"