Chapter Thirty-Five: Potato.

Dedicated to skyaxx19 thank you so much for the cover at the top💗

For Lucas and Joey I have a question who should play them: Blake Steven or Jack and Finn Harries?

R.I.P and #NeverForget all those who lost their lives 15 years ago today.

Chapter Thirty Five: "Potato."

HERE IS HOW I managed to go on my date with Lucas.

With a mother like mine who like me, believed that education was important, she gets happy when I go to the library. The length from library to our apartment was literally a walking distance and with the light snow on the ground it wasn't a problem at all. She didn't find that a problem either for me to go.

What also helped was that she had work from ten to six that day so luck was on my side. Lucas was going to pick me up at eleven and I was in the middle of crisis and Wesley wasn't helping at the moment.

"Wear that one." He told me through the screen.

I stared at him and looked down at the shirt. "Are you actually serious? I think I had this when I was eleven. I'm not even sure why it's still in my closet."

"Okay, then what about the one that's hanging? Farthest on the left." He directed me.

"No," I cringed. "In case you haven't noticed, it's cold outside."

"Okay, what about that turtleneck you have? You know the dark purple one? Wear that."

I quickly went over to my closet, practically throwing my clothes behind me like a maniac before I found what Wesley was talking about. "This, this is good."

Wesley sighed in relief, spinning in the chair in his room. "Finally. Are you done now?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I didn't even care that Wesley was looking at me through the screen. I threw on jeans and the turtleneck, turning around for Wesley to look at me. "What do you think?"

"Doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what Lucas thinks. And if he doesn't think you look great then he needs to get his eyes checked."

Not even mentioning how Lucas had an optometrist appointment yesterday, my phone buzzed and I could see the text message. "Okay, he's here."

"Calm down. He's your boyfriend not Batman."

I rolled my eyes at Wesley, throwing on my jacket. "Excuse me for being nervous."

"Okay, okay. But seriously Sydney if your mom finds out-"

"She won't." I assured him. "I just have to be home by five thirty, six the latest. She already thinks I'm going to the library doing something for English so there's a proper reason as to why my boots will leave a puddle of water when I get back. I'm covered."

"Let's hope," He said. "Now, go, leave. Have fun but not too much fun-"

"Who are you, my mother?"

Wesley scowled. "Bitch."

"Love you."

"Love you too." He said with a grin before signing off. I grabbed my keys, leaving my room and the quiet apartment before making my way out. When I had gotten out of the building, I saw Lucas leaning against the car.

A smile came to his face when he spotted me. "I see you're wearing the beanie I gave you."

"I saw it and figured why not."