Chapter Thirty-Six: Stressed.

Dedicated to nikpik15  for the cover at the top, thank you so much💗

As I update I realize it is practically seven thirty and I have school in about an hour lol.

I'm sorry. I have school. There's volleyball tryouts and soccer tryouts. I kind of regret not joining basketball. My chemistry teacher speaks more about his life then actual Chemistry and even though I'm only in grade 11 I went to a university fair the other day in Toronto and I feel more stressed about my future than I ever have been.

Also in case you haven't noticed there have been ads in my stories. It was an opportunity I got from Wattpad to get a chance to be paid so every time one of you guys click an add I get paid doing something I love.

Also, Starboy by The Weeknd has been stuck in my head and Shawn Mendes is killing me since he was in my home city on Saturday for an intimate concert.

Also, this is kind of only a filler, my apologies again : (

Chapter Thirty Six: "Stressed."

"NATIONALS, LADIES AND gentlemen," Mrs. Yousiff said. You would think she would say that with a huge smile on her face but her expression was as serious as she could be. "We've already got group numbers and small numbers down. We need them clean and to precision. Nationals is in February and even though it is only December we have many things to cover."

From the corner of my eye I could see Matilda straighten her posture.

"Solos. I've narrowed it down to a male and a female. I expect the highest level of dancing and energy from both of these dancers as they prepare."

I took a deep breath, my fingers actually shaking as everyone in the room tensely waited for Mrs. Yousiff to say the names. I glanced at Eduardo and he gave me a shaky smile, messily putting his scraggly hair in a ponytail.

"The male soloist will be Isaac Crow."

Everyone in the room clapped for him as I could see the smile appear on his face. Eduardo and I were talking about it in technique class the other day. We knew he would get it. Despite Isaac's previous advances towards me and how he kind of weirded me out, he was an insanely amazing dancer.

"We said it." Eduardo whispered to me.

Ravi leaned back on his hands on the other side of me. "Should've seen it coming to be honest."

"As for the female soloist...Sydney Acosta."

I swear my heart stopped for a second as I sighed with a type of relief and happiness. Eduardo gave me a well deserved fist bump as most people in the room clapped.

I think we can all tell who did not clap.

"What?" Matilda asked, looking livid.

Mrs. Yousiff ignored her, staring down at me. "Sydney this will give you a chance to reclaim your national title for the third year in a row. Don't let the arts academy down."

"But that's not fair!"

"Ms. Dandan-"

"She just got to this school. How could you give the National solo to her? She needs to earn her place."

"Ms. Dandan, would you like to continue this conversation in my office instead?" Mrs. Yousiff asked Matilda with a stern expression that looked to make everyone in the room still.

Oh shit.

Matilda quieted down, rolling her eyes when Mrs. Yousiff moved her eyes away from her. "Sydney has earned her place in this school. She knows that. Now everyone, I know you had a break last Saturday from dance but weekend practices and classes will continue. You know this. We may be part of a school but Hamilton Academy of the Arts is also home to a studio. You come to this school to dance and train for long hours to improve."