Chapter 10

I stayed the night with Jay. He needed a friend. I had to. I would have felt bad for going away from him. He and I talked about things. He told me that he had a love for someone, but he wasn't going to do anything, because she told him that she didn't want to be in his life like I was with Max. I was glad that he had someone, but I understood where she was coming from.

I slept in the bed with him. I turned into a dog, since it was the easiest for me to be. I didn't fall too far into sleep, or I would turn into a human and that would be hard to explain. I slept at the bottom of the bed while Jay got the rest of the bed. I was glad that I was able to help him out a little.

"Hey, Bird. Are you okay? You left early from last night." I heard Nathan say from the other side of the door. I looked at Jay and he was sound asleep. I got out of the bed and I went to the door to open it. I opened it with my dog paw and Nathan looked at me.

"Do we need to talk or something?" He asked me as he looked back at Jay. I whined in frustration and I walked out of the room. Nathan shut the door behind me. He made sure to only crank it, so that we could get back in. I walked to his room and I saw that Ariana was in there doing her hair.

"What is she doing as a dog?" Ariana asked as I walked in the room. I rolled my eyes as I went to the bathroom. There was a robe in their bathroom. I grabbed it and put it on.

"I don't know. She was with Jay." Nathan told her. I walked in the room and I saw that Ariana was sending daggers at me.

"He needed a friend. We didn't do anything. Also, who the fuck let Max get that plastered?" I asked Nathan as I poked him in the chest.

"He's a grown man. He can make his own decisions." Nathan told me. I rolled my eyes at that.

"He is, but he has a problem and you are his friend. Just looked out fo him once in a while. If I wasn't stronger than him, we might have puppies running around the place." I told him.

"What are you talking about?" Ariana said.

"Yes, when shape shifters have kids, we can have as many as 1 to 8. It's just how we rol. They also can't control themselves when they are young. Luckily, it is usually girls that have the gene. But still." I told them. Nathan looked at me and he was smiling at me.

"So we could have a zoo if you got pregnant?" He asked me.

"Yeah, plus it only takes 6 to 7 months with me, so that's suspicious alone." I told him. He started to laugh and I saw that Ariana was amused.

"What is so funny?" I asked them.

"We were saying that you and Max would have a littler of puppies the other day." Ariana said as she laughed. I had to admit, it was pretty funny.

"Okay. Well I'm gonna go back to Jay. Y'all listen for Max." I told them. I changed and walked back to Jay's room. He was still asleep and I laid back down with him.

I heard Max running down the hall a few minutes later. I stayed there, though. I debated on waking Jay up or not. I decided to not wake him. He needed to sleep. I sat up, whenever I heard someone walk down the hall, though.

"Ruby, you stayed the night?" Jay asked me as he looked at me. I looked at him and walked up to him.

"Thank you." He told me. I nuzzled his face and laid with him. Being with animals made people happier. He then snuggled up next to me. I was glad that he was comfotable with me. Then Max came in the room.

"Why did you sleep in here?" He asked me. He looked like he was out of breath. He obviously slept off his drugs.

"I needed a friend and she needed to get out." Jay spoke up. Max looked at him and he shook his head. Then he walked out of the room.