Shifting Again (Max George Story)

Max's POV:

It was just another night out with the boys. I was just getting over some crap for that happened recently. With all the drama that has been happening, we needed some breaks. I tend to take them more often, though. 

"Max, don't you think that you have had enough?" Siva asked me. He was always really concerned when I drank too much too often. I rolled my eyes and looked at him in my drunken state. 

"Mate, I am an adult. I think that I am fine so I am fine." I told him with a bit of a slur. 

"Who cares? Just lighten up, Siva!" Jay said to him. I was always able to count on Jay to back me up when it came to drinking. 

"When is the last time that you have actually been sober?" Nathan then asked me. He was the youngest yet he would be the most mature at times. 

"I don't remember. I don't think that something like that would matter either!" I said to him. I then looked at Jay and winked at him. He laughed a little and drank some more of his beer. 

We stayed in the bar and I had a couple of more beers. I knew that I was drunk by then. It wasn't black out drunk, but I was going to be on my way soon. Tom seemed to be at the blackout stage with Jay. Nathan and Siva looked like they were watching us. Nathan would take my beers from me once in a while and that would just really piss me off.

"Look at that bird over there. She looks like she wants you." Nathan said to me as he pointed to a woman sitting in a booth. She was looking at me and she smiled at me when we made eye contact. She had on a tight black dress. I smiled at her and raised my drink to her.

"Go talk to her, mate." Nathan then said. I looked at him and I saw that he was drinking another beer. I did my best to look like I wasn't completely drunk as I walked to her.

"Hello." She said to me as I sat down across from her.

"You have a nice smile." I told her. I wasn't really sure why I told her that, but I couldn't help it. She laughed a little and looked around the bar.

"Come here often?" I asked her.

"Not really, no." She told me. This was good. A girl that I probably wouldn't ever see again. I took another sip of my beer.

"I am in a band, you know." I told her.

"I know that you are. But I don't think that you should really idnetify yourself as that, unless that usually works." She told me. I looked at her in shock. Most women would have fallen for that and been like putty in my hands.

I had another drink and that was when things started to get blurry. I rmember talking with her and hearing her laugh and voice. I remember feeling really glad that she was laughing at what I said. I was afraid that it was all a dream for a while.

*the next morning*

I opened my eyes when I felt that there was a light on them. It was hard to open my eyes. I saw that I wasn't in my place or any of the other guy's place. I was laying on a pretty small couch and it seemed to be a one room flat. I sat up and looked around the place. There was a bed by the wall and it was on a concrete slab that was elevated from the rest of the room. there were pictures of animals everywhere. Mainly there were dogs, cats, birds, and squirrels.

"Good morning. I thought that I heard you." The woman said. She had coffee in her hands and she was standing in the kitchen area. I smiled at her as I groaned.

"Where am I?" I asked her. She laughed a little and walked to me with a cup of coffee for me. She handed it to me and sat next to me.

"I think that you were really drunk last night. your friends left you with me and you kept trying to telling me where you lived. I just brought you to my place." She told me. I smiled at her and took a sip of the coffee.