Chapter 6

Ruby's POV:

Once Max let me back out of the house, I ran home to get ready for work. I knew that Max would have questions for me when he picked me up tonight. I was ready to answer them too.

I took a cab to work and the cab driver seemed to be a little worried about me working here. I sighed and paid the man. He then left. When I got inside, I saw that everyone was getting ready. The bouncer smiled at me and I nodded at him. He and I were like silent friends. I knew that he wasn't going to hurt me.

"So how is everyone doing tonight?" Shelly asked us. I smiled at her. She was really nice to all of us.

"I'm glad that you are all good. We have some important clients tonight, so let's be friendly tonight. Is that okay with y'all?" She asked us. I smiled and nodded my head. I was always nice to the people who had money. And these people had money.

As the night went on, everyone seemed to be really good. I was glad that there wasn't any problems. At least until Shelly called me. I was sure to smile as I walked to her.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"The client wants you, Bambi." She told me. I sighed and looked at the man. He was nice looking, but he was much older than me. He was just a dirty old man. I wanted to cringe.

"Really? Me? He could have any of the other girls." I told her. She sighed and looked around.

"I know that you don't like to entertain like this, but he is paying a good amount. Just this one time, sugar." She told me. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Alright, but I will need to see a little increase in the money in the end." I told her. She smiled and patted my shoulder.

"You got it. Just be good." She told me. I then walked to the man and smiled at him as we made eye contact.

The rest of the time went worse. I felt like a peice of meat with him there. The owner was also ther eand he was watching me. At one point, the man placed a wad of twenty dollar bills on the table. He told me and the owner what he wanted and I looked at him. Then the decision was made. The owner left and I was left alone with the man.

The entire time I was with him, I felt terrible. He had me please him and I wasn't in the mood to. I had to, though. It was my job and I needed to make sure that I was good, so that nothing went bad. I was representing and I felt like shit.

"That was good. Thank you." The man told me as he zipped his pants back up. I stood up and looked around the room.

"May I leave?" I asked him. He sighed and smiled as he touched my breasts one last time.

"Go ahead." He told me. I nodded my head and I left. My walk of shame to the dressing room was short. When I got in, I saw that it was time for me to go. Max was waiting already and I looke dlike crap.

I cleaned myself up and I got in some decent clothes. I clocked out and said goodbye to Shelly. She slipped me a wad of twenties that he paid with. That wasn't going to help me with anything. I then walked out to Max. Once I was in the car, I looked at him and I started to cry.

"I am so sorry. I didn't know what else to do and I am horrible." I said to him quickly. Max looked at me and I smelt that he was starting to get worried.

"Ruby, let's get out of here first." Max told me. He then pulled out and he drove me to my apartment. We sat in the parking lot for a while before either of us said anything. 

"What were you talking about?" He asked me. I sighed and looked at him. 

"I had to do it for my job. It was a man that was going to help with the money business and he wanted me. I had no choice. Please don't hate me." I told him. My voice cracked with every other word. Max then got out of the car and came to my side. I got out and looked at him. He and I were staring at each other for a while.