Stay cool

-Dominic's POV-

I staid laying on the floor and the whole room was silent for a few seconds before Xavier snapped. "You mother fucker!" He shouted towards Nickolas but before they would start fighting, I put my arm up, signalling for him to stop and help me up. The room calmed down a little as Xavier came my way and looked down at me, breathing out a sigh and carefully helping me up and letting me use him as support. "I told you not to move around" he whispered in my ear and I smirked,

"Anything to keep my identity hidden right?" I asked but before he could say anything back, I turned to Nickolas as he looked at me with anger.

"Calm your shit down and then I'll explain," I then pointed to a light punching bag in the room. "Go and let off some steam" I ordered. I could tell he thought it was a good offer even if he hesitated. He eventually gave in and walked over to it, punching in anger.

I watched every one of his consecutive punches before he stopped, gasping for air. He had finally calmed down. He slowly walked back to me and this time when I looked into his eyes I could see curiosity and some sense of betrayal. "Explain now or I'll kill you" He threatens but I knew there wasn't much power behind it. I kept our eyes connected and replied.

"I know you don't want to kill me Nicholas but either way I owe you an explanation. My full name is supposed to be Dominic Johnson. I was adopted shortly after my birth, but my adoptive family was killed a few years ago so Xavier took me in and raised me as The Mysterious Demon, a street fighter. To replace my brother had been my role and it's been a part of my life ever since. The gym is just a part-time job. My real life is here in the ring."

I looked up and let out a breath. I could feel Xavier's hand on my shoulder, letting me know he was there for me. I didn't like talking about the loss of my family and it was harder without a cigarette, but I ignored the feeling and looked back at Nickolas. "Satisfied?" I asked but he just looked at me with sympathy.

"You know I'm Nickolas Secter, the leader of the Skull and Bones Gang. I was also adopted after I was born. I lived with my adoptive parents in the UK until I was around 10 and they were arrested and then I started living with Zack and together we made the gang and moved to America." My eyes widened slightly, I hadn't expected him to tell me anything about himself but his hard exterior -now that I look at it again- looks softer and calmer which is probably why.

I relaxed a little and looked up at Xavier before asking, "so now what?" and he hummed,

"I need to figure out what to do with the gang on your back, Nickolas will take you home so get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow," he said, and I consumed his words slowly.

"Nickolas is doing what?!" I asked in shock looking over at Nickolas to see him with the same reaction.

"You've got to be kidding," he mutters.

I heard Xavier chuckle from next to me, so I whipped around, mentally asking him what was so funny. He saw me looking at him and started laughing louder. He tried to control himself and then looked back at me and Nick with a new expression. Why the hell was he so comfortable around Nick now? "If I didn't know you two, I'd swear you guys were twins," he suddenly says which makes Nick and I scoff in annoyance at the same time. I stared at Nickolas and he did the same back at me.

"Wait" Xavier then said, going quiet while looking between us and thinking. "What if you guy are twins?" he suddenly asked, and I looked at him as if he were an alien.

"My biological parents died of a car crash in London a day after I was born Xavier, I've told you that already. Your theory is invalid." I started but then I heard a loud gasp coming from Nick. "What?" I asked conscious of the fact that his hands were trembling slightly, and his eyes were damp.

"My parents also died in a car crash in London. The police found me and said that I was the only one alive before taking me away and putting me for adoption " He informs but I ignored the nagging feeling in the back of my head.

"There's no way," I say with a shaky voice, but he just stares at me with a new expression. The whole situation about me being The Mysterious Demon completely forgotten.

"They told me that my mum, dad, and twin had died" he carried on and stepped forward with every word.

"Dominic...are you my twin sister?" he finally asked

I gave off a weak fake laugh at the question, but he and Xavier stared at me, telling me they weren't joking. "You're serious, aren't you?" I asked with a low voice, still doubting and not letting myself get my hopes up but they both nodded.

"When's your birthday Dominic?" Nick asked desperately taking a step forward and I hesitated but answered,

"June the 13th."

His whole body stopped moving to my reply. "Dominic Secter..." Xavier says slowly from next to me and I let everything sink in as I looked down with wide eyes.

Was Nickolas actually my twin brother? It couldn't be possible, but everything matched up. I was in disbelief and I looked up at Nickolas's grey eyes whose tears already started falling. "You're my brother?" I asked, and he let out a breath of relief,

"You're my sister!" he says and without wasting a moment he indulges me in a hug. I breathed heavily and with my own shaking hands, although I was still uncomfortable with this idea, I slowly hugged him back.

I'm not alone anymore. I thought and smiled in the embrace. "I can't believe I let you get hit by a fucking car! I can't believe you're actually a street fighter! I can't believe you gave me $20,000!" Nick exclaimed, and I laughed genuinely at him.

"You gave him $20,000?" Xavier asked so I pulled away from Nickolas to answer him,

"How else was he going to pay the gym? Besides, it was spare change" I winked, and he shook his head in disbelief at me.

I took that opportunity to finally sit down and relax and Nick slumped down on the bean bag next to me, facing up, eyes closed and a happy expression on his face which in turn made me happy.

"Spare change? Just because you're verging on rich doesn't mean you can give out money like that, you're still an irresponsible child." Xavier scolds and from next to me I hear Nick whisper,

"Yep, father figure," which makes me chuckle. He laughs with me when he realises I heard. "Verging on rich did he say?" Nick asked me with a raised eyebrow and I look down at him proudly.

"I don't get beat around for free. In fact, you're the only one who's hit me without me getting paid for it."

"I'm sorry about that by the way..."

"It's fine, they were weak ass punches anyway,"

"They were not!"

"Alright, you two!" Xavier interrupts us before we start arguing but when I look I see he had a happy look on his face despite trying to act annoyed. "You guys can bond on the way home, now leave. I have some planning to do about the gang, Dominic," I nodded, accepting his instruction this time and Nick helped me up whilst asking,

"Does that mean you'll be my father figure too now that we're siblings?" I choked on the air and burst out laughing at his question, Xavier, however, had a less than amused face,

"I'll kill you before you start acting friendly with me. Fuck off." This only made me laugh louder but when I calmed down Nick, who had rolled his eyes and smirked at Xavier, then asked another question but more seriously, "what gang are you talking about anyway?"

Both Xavier and I looked at each other, nodding at each other in approval before I turned back to Nick and telling him, "The Men of Mayhem is a gang that wants me and my loved ones dead. They killed my adoptive family and they're coming for me next."

Nickolas nods slowly, eyes darkening and looking somewhat protective, "I know them," he said, and I looked at him questionably,

"You do?" Xavier asked, and Nickolas nodded before saying,

"My gang has gone against them before, we can help you fight them," Xavier smirked devilishly at that,

"Great."